World of Warcraft

Narf!

TD Admin
Oh man, I finally got to Dalaran yesterday and it's choppy as fuck there. My FPS drops to 20 when I'm in Dalaran.

Narf!

TD Admin
Oh oh!!! In Dragonblight, in the top center of the map, there's a small goblin camp, and one of the goblin's name is Narf!! I'm fucking serious!

[quote1268246641=LT_Clash]
i dont narf turn the shadows down in your graphox setings thy are usly what cause the most lag
[/quote1268246641]
I have my settings at Ultra I think...but you're right, I could turn down some of the stuff

iSeize

TD Admin
turning shadows down to about 40% works pretty well, models keep full shadow quality, but buildings dont cast shadows anymore, that really helps.

so I just got a free month of play time. I got a email from blizzard telling me my account was disabled for economy abuse. When i told them I hadn't logged in since december they reset my password and gave me free time.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
if you really think about it, LACK of activity in ANY economy can be interpreted as economy abuse.

Am I right economists, am I right?

Narf!

TD Admin
I'm seriously thinking of turning my Ret Pally into a Tankadin, and here's why:

I got PvP gear for my Ret Pally right now but nobody wants to PvP with me in arena because I-need-better-gear-but-I'm-expected-to-find-that-elsewhere-first -_- so then why tell me to get PvP gear in the first place?

So fuck it, I'll forget about the wasted gold/badges and I'm just going to change my Ret -> Prot and start queuing up for lots of non-Heroics to get more Prot gear and then Heroics to get better ones. It'll also make getting badges easier. Plus I already have some level 219+ tank gear...

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1269445282=Narf!]
[quote1269441888=LT_Clash]
figured id show you what your were missing without addons
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3149/wowscrnshot032310203041.jpg
[/quote1269441888]

meh

I don't care much for it. I like my add-on free setup. I will, however, put on DBM *only* because raids require me to (which is fucking stupid if you asked me).
[/quote1269445282]

No what is dumb, is using blizzards very bulky, very inefficient UI. As you get farther into raiding, the fights get more and more complicated, and have more and more to remember and learn about the fight. DBM is there to help people not suck as hard. With DBM you might not die every fight :)

Deadly Boss Mod(boss fight mechanic warnings), Omen(threat meter), and Recount(fight meters) are all *needed* mods. I would also suggest using decursive as a healer who needs to cleanse.

BTW narf, as for addon sites, only use curse.com

LT_Clash

TD Member
there are only 2 addons i dont use because they are cheating. underachever and whatever one fakes rolls other than that none of them give you an advantage noone else has so i use them. if your going to heal then healbot might be a good idea as well

[quote1269445792=Steve]
[quote1269445282=Narf!]
[/quote1269441888]

meh

I don't care much for it. I like my add-on free setup. I will, however, put on DBM *only* because raids require me to (which is fucking stupid if you asked me).
[/quote1269445282]

No what is dumb, is using blizzards very bulky, very inefficient UI. As you get farther into raiding, the fights get more and more complicated, and have more and more to remember and learn about the fight. DBM is there to help people not suck as hard.

Deadly Boss Mod(boss fight mechanic warnings), Omen(threat meter), and Recount(fight meters) are all *needed* mods. I would also suggest using decursive as a healer who needs to cleanse.

[/quote1269445792]

Be wary even on curse.com too. Enough people got files with keykloggers off there. User comments will let you know of any versions of a particular addon that might have issues so make sure you read em!

Steve, the addons you listed are usually a requirement in raids or at least in raiding guilds, recount being the exception. I used recount when messing around with builds and rotations to maximize DPS usually, but in raids, I never had it on.

As far as UI Narf, I found the Blizzard UI very lacking. There are many useful mods out there. If I'm not mistaken you're playing a paladin, and pally buffs are the worst to figure out in groups and raids, so I suggest getting [link=http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/pally-power.aspx]pallypower[/link]. For tanking, I used a few addons, but raids can get very hectic. I still remember how crazy solo tanking all the adds for Sarth with 3 drakes up in 25 man... it was completely messed up, but I was the only tank in the guild able to solo tank it. They even tried 2 tanks for it when I wasn't able to raid but it was a fail. It required quite a bit of skill, but I can tell you the addons I had to manage all my cooldowns and aggro warnings made life that much easier when you're trying to manage 30-50 adds spawning all over the fucking place and wanting to chew on your healers or trigger happy AE DPS. And even with that it was crazy...

With the right addon setup, you can actually make the UI look very simple and take away a lot of the clutter on the screen.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1269446891=Commander Abdul]
[quote1269445792=Steve]
[quote1269445282=Narf!]
[/quote1269441888]

meh

[/quote1269445282]

No what is dumb, is using blizzards very bulky, very inefficient UI. As you get farther into raiding, the fights get more and more complicated, and have more and more to remember and learn about the fight. DBM is there to help people not suck as hard.

[/quote1269445792]

Be wary even on curse.com too. Enough people got files with keykloggers off there. User comments will let you know of any versions of a particular addon that might have issues so make sure you read em!

Steve, the addons you listed are usually a requirement in raids or at least in raiding guilds, recount being the exception. I used recount when messing around with builds and rotations to maximize DPS usually, but in raids, I never had it on.

As far as UI Narf, I found the Blizzard UI very lacking. There are many useful mods out there. If I'm not mistaken you're playing a paladin, and pally buffs are the worst to figure out in groups and raids, so I suggest getting [link=http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/pally-power.aspx]pallypower[/link]. For tanking, I used a few addons, but raids can get very hectic. I still remember how crazy solo tanking all the adds for Sarth with 3 drakes up in 25 man... it was completely messed up, but I was the only tank in the guild able to solo tank it. They even tried 2 tanks for it when I wasn't able to raid but it was a fail. It required quite a bit of skill, but I can tell you the addons I had to manage all my cooldowns and aggro warnings made life that much easier when you're trying to manage 30-50 adds spawning all over the fucking place and wanting to chew on your healers or trigger happy AE DPS. And even with that it was crazy...

With the right addon setup, you can actually make the UI look very simple and take away a lot of the clutter on the screen.
[/quote1269446891]

Yep, even with curse you need to be careful, people are cock suckers. I usually only download "known" mods so I don't have any problems ever though.

As a healer, all he *needs* is DBM/Decursive. Omen/recount are helpful, however unneeded if you know your shit.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1269447056=Commander Abdul]
You broke the site STEVE!!! FAIL!
[/quote1269447056]

I fixed :D

skd_mrk

TD Admin
My favorite UI mod was x-perl unit frames. Very helpful and not in any way cheating. Very needed as a healer so you could target the classes in order of priority in the situation where you don't have assigned targets.

Deadly Boss Mod and/or Bigwigs were mandatory for raiding. Omen was too supposedly, but being a paladin I'd always bubble if I pulled aggro (screw anyone else he hit on the way to me =).

ctmod waaaaaay back in the day was the gold standard. It actually had a spellbreak for healers where if your target was full health right before your heal was to land it would cancel it. Made the job soooo easy, but that was taken away pre-TBC.