• Yes to keep going, No to submit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So I've been messing around with modeling lately and I've modeled a backwards ballcap-esque hat, but for the sniper. Originally, I was going to give submitting it to the Workshop a shot, but now I don't know...

I was just about to start getting to the painting, but then it occurred to me that I might be the only one who thinks a backwards cap for the sniper would be cool.

What do you guys think?

The poll goes for 2 days.

It didn't occur to me to include pictures of the model at first... XD
1IhFT0P.jpg

X3f0Zna.jpg

I did in fact model this by hand, but I had a picture of the Backward's Ballcap open to work off of.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I have seen a hat like this before ... I think for solider.

There currently isn't a backwards ballcap type of hat for the soldier, but I was thinking of possibly making this an all-class hat (after I can make it work for one)

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I probably chose the wrong angle to take the picture, but it is in fact a BW ballcap for the sniper. As for the paint, that's probably what I'll work on tomorrow before class. Then during class, I'll play TF2 because the instructor never comes by :somuchwin: I learn better on my own :P

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Bandana would be pretty awesome as well, though.

Also, all-classes are tricky because the hat needs to fit nine different styles. That's why most of the all-classes look terrible, imo

Cmp, amazing as usual! I can definitely see your image of what you're trying to do, but I don't think it will be too popular of a hat just cause there's already one similar out there. I'd definitely try a new hat that is completely unique! I don't have ideas, but if you do find one and model it, post it here! I look forward to more of your work as always.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I had an idea to expand on the ballcap and make a set. I'm thinking of like a tourist kinda thing. The cap, plus maybe a puka shell necklace and some sunglasses. Just an idea.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Well, I can't seem to paint a good texture for this ballcap, so Ima try a bandanna. Preview pics will go up when I get the basic shape and placement done :3

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Keep working on it, like to see more stuff come from communities like this...instead of snotty assed faggots who are making a bunch of money selling stupid keys for their stupid hats.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it does look similar to the Backwards Baseball Cap for the scoot, yet Soldier doesn't have one. :3

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
:choke:
I already said I'm aware of the similarity, but I also said that I've wanted to see a Backwards Ballcap sort of hat for the Sniper. If I can stop derping up the texture, the hat will be more tourist-themed.

The bandanna was more complicated to model than I thought, so for now, that is on hold. Due to a couple family emergencies that came up, this project is moved back on the priority list for a while.