Why is cmdrate 128 being forced ?

3xtr3m3

TD Member
Server is forcing cmdrate 128. Some people like me do not get constant +128 fps which causes issues.

Server should be forcing rate 80000 and let clients to set their cmdrate and updaterate (min 64)

SynergyTM

A Little Darkly
nothing is wrong with 128 updaterate even if your CARD only renders 60, your position on the map should be updated 128 times a sec, other wise its a waste to all others that play on a 128 tic server...hence a waste of darkly's funds to pay for 128 tic if you people dont update 128...jus my opinion , but also facts. your fps dont dictate how many times you tell the server your position

tytanium

TD Admin
Any chance rates could be unlocked? They are currently. I appreciate that the server is 128 but for some it just doesn't work.

Changing updaterate will automatically set the proper cmdrate. Changing rates properly to coincide with your actual ping (not scoreboard. net_graph.) will provide you with better registry from better reaction time.

3xtr3m3

TD Member
What SynergyTM is saying not true. There is no such thing as cmdrate hacking. Lmao for making up such a thing.

Rate should be forced at 80000 and cmdrate and updaterate should be unlocked to minimum 64. This will not affect other players in the server who are playing with cmdrate 128.

If my computer is running only ~60 fps that is what the server will be receiving from me and estimate the rest of it. And I will receive enough info to run what my computer can process so I do not choke.

They are still locked at 128, someone pls take care of it.

CopenHagenPune

DARKLY Regular
How are you only rocking 60 fps or less.... Why don't you spend a couple bucks and get a better video card. Like I am getting anywhere from 170-200 fps and my card isn't the Cadillac

Rams

TD Admin
I have to get a new PSU if I replace my GPU and probably a new motherboard. probably upgrade soon

3xtr3m3

TD Member
I gave that as an example.

I have 8800 gt and I am getting 100fps. It sometimes drops a lil in open areas with gun fights.

I bought GTX560 ti and it performed same as my 8800gt. And the reason is that cpu (intel e8400) is bottlenecking. I need to upgrade my mobo and rams for better cpu. Not worth for this garbage CS:GO

Pyro

TD Admin
What does a low cmdrate even do?
cl_cmdrate is the number of times your computer sends packets of information to the server per second. the main information people are concerned with when it comes to a FPS is their own location in the game, since that determines where others will see you.

cl_updaterate is the number of times your computer receives packets of information from the server per second. the main information people are concerned with when it comes to a FPS is other people's location in the game, since that determines where you will see others.

rate determines the maximum amount of data your computer will receive per second. this one concerns people because if your rate is not high enough to receive all of the information the server is sending you, you will receive loss, which can result in lag, bad reg, choppiness, etc. Generally, the server won't send you anything more than 25k/s so a rate 30000 should be enough, but some people set it to 50k-80k just in case.

the game engine doesn't allow your system to send more packets of information per second than the number of frames per second your computer is getting (i.e. if fps < cl_cmdrate, then the actual cl_cmdrate = fps).

what the server is set to really depends on what people are getting as a majority. allowing people to set lower rates than what the server has will result in people with higher rates seeing people with lower rates as lagging around everywhere. if you disagree with that, go play CSS on a server that doesnt force rates and see how people react when you are playing with cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate 10.