Why I rip apart games

DatGuy

TD Member
as most of you know, I am a Game Designer. Its what I do.

Now, I don't like many games, but I do play a whole lot of them...ever wonder why?

this video explains, I have cued it up to the part that explains it, but go ahead and watch the whole video, it really explains what a designer does

Edit: forums fucked the link, go to 3:36 for the part im talkin about

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Sounds like the guy from TISHE.

Pretty interesting. I've never heard of anybody throw together a similarly artsy video on:

"So you want to be a database administrator?"

Most of us are quiet nerds who judge people harshly on their knowledge of scotch.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Someone who doesn't give a fuck to have twin 580GTX SLI graphics cards, and not even use one.

:yaoming:
RE: Someone who likes to get paid

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
getting high and getting paid, cars clothes and hoes thats what this is all about right

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
So demguy, tell us about how you got your break? Like most IT guys, the dummies simmer at the bottom, and the stars rise to the top. Did you have a reaaaally good idea? (I've got this idea about a guy that sneaks around office buildings in a tight rubber suit, and everything is in green, like he's got cool NV goggles, lets discuss in private).

Did you pitch a fully developed idea? I actually wrote a ship/sea simulator in C++ years ago when I was thinking about hiring on at EA.

Fumble

A Little Darkly
So.. do you play a lot of games you don't enjoy because it adds to the foundation of knowledge you can draw on as a game designer or does the fact that you are a game designer make you more critical of the flaws of a particular game?

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
As the owner of the startup ubi office in Calgary and a fledgling game designer, I can answer this question.

I moved so quickly from game player to game designer, that to be honest, I'm making such a large amount of money now, I couldn't give a fuck.

Wait till I tell you about my great game design including sleezy bars!

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Game designer =\= being a good game designer =\= being a constructive or useful game reviewer =\= brings good ideas to new gaming

But glad you enjoy your job since that is all that really matters in the end.

Too bad u dont have the heart to give warz a real gamer effort before coming to concrete conclusions on ur own (like the sheeple at gamespot, gamespy, ign, etc)