Why do you give admins the ability to "timebomb" an entire server?

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
"8:20:35 pm Zoidberg: this server has become so trashy with you assclowns having admin access
8:20:46 pm fire_db: Shhh
"

Thats how admins (ones that are not known/friendly with the community) respond to players on the servers? I understand the trade servers needs admins and what not but it doesnt need admins that will turn away new and long time players.

It was yesterday at about 12ish -4 GMT. I believe that was when I was on Trade Server 5 Toronto.
I haven't been on TF2 in the past few days, I rarely visit that server, if it was someone with a DARKLY tag, it shouldn't be hard to find. I'll do some research in a little bit.
AM or PM?

And if you see stuff like that, take a screenshot of the player scores and all that malarkey so we get everyone's names. You can do the status command in console, too.
+1
It was Noon so PM and I will next time I wasn't really thinking to even do that.
12:00, what time zone?
"8:20:35 pm Zoidberg: this server has become so trashy with you assclowns having admin access
8:20:46 pm fire_db: Shhh
"

Thats how admins (ones that are not known/friendly with the community) respond to players on the servers? I understand the trade servers needs admins and what not but it doesnt need admins that will turn away new and long time players.
Is that why there's so few Administrators on there? I feel so alone. o_O

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
TF2 admins were never supposed to have access to those commands to begin with.
The plugin responsible for those commands, has been removed from all our TF2 servers. That being said, this should no longer be an ongoing issue

TF2 admins were never supposed to have access to those commands to begin with.
The plugin responsible for those commands, hase been removed from all our TF2 servers. That being said, this should no longer be an ongoing issue

Does this change the method Administrators use to access the commands to use on players? Exactly what commands are being taken out?

Also, will this brick the RTD timebomb result as well?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
All fun commands were taken out: i.e timebomb, timefreeze, etc.
Admins can still, slay, kick, ban and use admin chat, which is all an admin needs on a trade/idle server.

I've never really seen this kind of problem on the Toronto servers and it would irk me too if the admin did this nonstop, but out of curiosity, if the admin doesn't do it repeatedly (maybe once) is it still a shamed thing to do? It is a trade server after all.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
if the admin doesn't do it repeatedly (maybe once) is it still a shamed thing to do? It is a trade server after all.
Yes, it is. Admin privileges are not to be taken advantage of, let alone used to bother players. That is, in fact, the very opposite of how our admins should conduct themselves.

Admins are here to help. Anything less should be unsatisfactory.

Yes, it is. Admin privileges are not to be taken advantage of, let alone used to bother players. That is, in fact, the very opposite of how our admins should conduct themselves.

I guess I'm just surprised that it is such a big issue overall. I didn't realize people were taking advantage of it to such an extreme level that it really came to removing the effects altogether. Such a shame I suppose. It isn't right to annoy the players just because you're bigger, that I completely agree with.

All fun commands were taken out: i.e timebomb, timefreeze, etc.
Admins can still, slay, kick, ban and use admin chat, which is all an admin needs on a trade/idle server.
I think you took more than just that off. For example, I rolled a Frozen win, I was not frozen.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JakkSilves/screenshot/558690430811971653

Many players are complaining that the RTD is not working, only one or two commands work. One I've seen is Explode.

I've never really seen this kind of problem on the Toronto servers and it would irk me too if the admin did this nonstop, but out of curiosity, if the admin doesn't do it repeatedly (maybe once) is it still a shamed thing to do? It is a trade server after all.
I'm still unsure who was doing it, an entire server has a certain command, or if you go down 1 by one and bomb every person on there. If its the entire server, and done repeatedly, it gets annoying and can cause lag, but if its one or two, or the entire server only once in a certain minute or hour interval, it doesn't affect it at all. Now its broken so nothing can be bombed, its going to put Demomen in shame.

You forget this is a Team Fortress 2 server, even worse, a Trade server. If its bothering players, they have a voice to complain about it, I haven't heard anything except annoyed that the RTD is broken, the servers are lagging, and there's not enough Administrators online. This RTD thing is the least of the worries, as an Admin's actions can be tracked quite easily.

Plus, you have to hold us accountable when you give us privileges, that's probably not being sent clearly when people are signing up to get said privileges.

Yeah, Frozen and timebomb don't work anymore.
I didn't want to upset anyone by asking what I did, I was just genuinely curious. If I get accepted as an admin it's just a good thing to know that way I don't do it.

Is there is a guideline sheet of what constitutes admin intervention or anything? I would like to know beforehand just to do a better job.

Yeah, Frozen and timebomb don't work anymore.
I didn't want to upset anyone by asking what I did, I was just genuinely curious. If I get accepted as an admin it's just a good thing to know that way I don't do it.

Is there is a guideline sheet of what constitutes admin intervention or anything? I would like to know beforehand just to do a better job.
There's an expectation sheet that's tattooed into your brain when you become accepted, if you do, it'll be explained to you in the TF2 Section, Admin only section.
LB broke it
Why not just undo what was done? If there's not that many Admins, and this thread being from the last year, I'm pretty certain that the chance of it being abused is very slim, hence so few Admins active, and even less play TF2.

This is also a good time to let you know that when you roll Crits, it has been broken since I started playing on DARKLY.
Yeah, just got frozen and it didn't work.
A "Red Wing Facist" was cussing at me over the mic because I rolled Buffed Health, and he did but he did not receive it. Saying I was hacking. -_-