What Happened

HappySticks™

TD Admin
What is the ratio of keys or $ to credits?

e.g. 3 keys to ________ credits

If you guys haven't realized already but I am always asking questions to clarify things and am always eager to learn new stuff! Sorry if this is annoying anyone, and I do apologize if I am indeed annoying you.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
What is the ratio of keys or $ to credits?

e.g. 3 keys to ________ credits

If you guys haven't realized already but I am always asking questions to clarify things and am always eager to learn new stuff! Sorry if this is annoying anyone, and I do apologize if I am indeed annoying you.

For now, every $1 donated will earn you 3,000 credits, and every $10 will net you an additional 10,000 (ex. $15 = 55,000 credits). Don't worry about asking, the info isn't publicly available anywhere at the moment.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Not trying to be greedy here but since $1 equals 3,000, is it possible to just donate $1 at a time? You would get more credits then if you donated $10, if I am not mistake.

Also, how do you guys make money when someone donates a key? Does Darkly sell it for real money?
Is it against the rules to sell for in-game items? (Cant remember)
Are keys the only Tf2 item that is accepted?
Finally, is there a limit to the amount you can donate at one time?

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Not trying to be greedy here but since $1 equals 3,000, is it possible to just donate $1 at a time? You would get more credits then if you donated $10, if I am not mistake.

Also, how do you guys make money when someone donates a key? Does Darkly sell it for real money?

Gatherix

Death by Darkly

I don't actually know about a minimum amount, so until I figure that out I'll set the minimum amount when donating money at $5. The 10,000 credits from the $10 is in addition to the 3,000 per dollar amount.

You can donate keys or metal to the bot for credits instead, it'll automatically give you the credits immediately upon receiving the items. We sell the metal and keys the bot receives for money. There's no limit (that I know of) for donations, however it is indeed not allowed to sell your credits for other items. I'm going to be removing the ability to 'gift' credits to better combat this.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I don't actually know about a minimum amount, so until I figure that out I'll set the minimum amount when donating money at $5. The 10,000 credits from the $10 is in addition to the 3,000 per dollar amount.

You can donate keys or metal to the bot for credits instead, it'll automatically give you the credits immediately upon receiving the items. We sell the metal and keys the bot receives for money. There's no limit (that I know of) for donations, however it is indeed not allowed to sell your credits for other items. I'm going to be removing the ability to 'gift' credits to better combat this.
Thank you very much Gatherix for aswering all of my questions

Unrelated to the top:
I heard you were in school and I was wondering how old you are, Zack said 15-17, but I thought you were much older....

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
THANK GOD FOR TF2 CREDITS AND SHIT, THIS PLACE WOULDN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT IT.

This tf2 aids is exactly why I do not donate regularly(well that and css being dead). $250 a month and how much of that cost is because of all the tf2 aids? If it ever came down to keeping the site/csgo server up I'd foot that bill myself.

$250+ a month and all we have to show for it is one game server and one of the largest day care chains in Toronto. Herp.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
You seem to forget, Steve, that the TF2 servers are ran on the exact same box as the CS:GO/CS:S servers.
Therefore, they provide no additional cost.
In fact, they actually provide a free income in the form of pinion and these TF2 Donations.

If you really feel like getting rid of the TF2 servers would help, then fine, plead for that, because I would REALLY love to see you foot the bill for the servers every month.

If I remember rightly, the only reason the donation goal is at $250 a month, is because that is all that is needed in addition to the pinion/donation money from TF2.

You are told this every single time.
And yet you still derp out and claim that the TF2 servers are counter productive.
You are seriously starting to piss me off and I have only been with Darkly for a little over a year.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
zackychuu
I'm glad you said something, but always remember 90% of what Steve says is trolling. He would rather TD be what it was in 2009, then ever evolve.

Any TF2 people who join are constantly made fun of, mocked, or repeatedly insulted. It's not rocket science why they don't donate.

Gatherix
Would be nice if TF2 donators can see that info, Maybe we can get someone to put it on the front page.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Gatherix
Would be nice if TF2 donators can see that info, Maybe we can get someone to put it on the front page.

It's normally visible in the TF2 Donators section, the donation page links to it too, and can be seen from an in-game command. I just need to update it to reflect the switch to a credit system. But since players can donate with keys and metal (which most prefer anyway) by typing a single in-game command and trading with an entirely automated bot, most never really see the forums in its entirety.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
You seem to forget, Steve, that the TF2 servers are ran on the exact same box as the CS:GO/CS:S servers.
Therefore, they provide no additional cost.
In fact, they actually provide a free income in the form of pinion and these TF2 Donations.

If you really feel like getting rid of the TF2 servers would help, then fine, plead for that, because I would REALLY love to see you foot the bill for the servers every month.

If I remember rightly, the only reason the donation goal is at $250 a month, is because that is all that is needed in addition to the pinion/donation money from TF2.

And yet you still derp out and claim that the TF2 servers are counter productive.
You are seriously starting to piss me off and I have only been with Darkly for a little over a year.

When we get rid of the TF2 servers we would obvious change our box set up.

Any way you look at it, hundreds of dollars a month for ONE game server is a waste, even if we got less performance out of a rented server, it would literally cost 1/5th of the price at max. And no, not all rented servers are shit, but yes, most are.

Why should TD struggle with a high donation goal so 14 year old bronies and retards have a home to shit all over.
zackychuu
I'm glad you said something, but always remember 90% of what Steve says is trolling. He would rather TD be what it was in 2009, then ever evolve.

Any TF2 people who join are constantly made fun of, mocked, or repeatedly insulted. It's not rocket science why they don't donate.
Gatherix

It probably has something more to do with the fact that they are 12, and play a 'game'(if you can call trading a game) that revolves around being a jew and getting every penny out of every trade. They sit their for hours to make their pennies worth of metal. You think they will just throw that to TD? Because they ain't so far.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

Real talk: we never missed donation goals pre-tf2 expansion. They are counter productive. And the players they bring to TD aren't worth a penny.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
3s6ni0.jpg

HappySticks™

TD Admin
zackychuu

Gatherix
Oh so they just don't like TF2 players?