• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Wealth distribution in America

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Interesting, but not surprising since the model of wealth distribution is similar pure monarchy, where kings had all the money and everyone else didn't have much. However in the case of America, the top 1% are not kings, so I'm very curious as to who those in the 1% are. I don't want to assume they are all CEO's, because it can very well be politicians, celebrities, scientist, people with a hefty inheritance or top 10 of CSS DARKLY server 1 and that missing information is stopping me from making an opinion here. In any case, the video does bring up good questions, like "Do CEO's really deserve X over it's average employees?".

I wish the video provided some sources where we can read the details ourselves.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
However I don't agree with it, I don't see why it shouldn't happen, really. The owner's of companies are the ones who generate business, revenue, create jobs for others etc., essentially make money circulate to make the world go round. Through that business, innovation and technology progress, and as a result medicine advances, as do most other things. I realize 40% of the wealth is a massive leap, but it is what it is. This is a capitalist society (North America), and these people just learned how to capitalize better than the rest of us.

The tough part, which I think people are really stuggling to grasp here, is that the wealth will now stay in those 'lines of people'; families, generations etc. There's really no way to recover and re-spread it. It's like the bankers of old, the Sachs and Rockafellers. This is just the modernization of their feats.

Welcome to 2013. Get money.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I see things through a different perspective.

I live in one of the most prosperous countries (Canada)
I live in one of the most prosperous provinces (Alberta)
I live in one of the most prosperous cities (Calgary)
I live in one of the most prosperous quadrants (South East)

I don't measure my wealth compared to the man next to me, my earnings go beyond that. There are 15 gazilliono people in the world, and my corner of the world kicks ass pretty hard. Sure their are lambourgini's and mazarratti's and porches and mansions, this and that, but statistically speaking, from a global view, there isn't much different between their wealth and mine.

Caveat: I drive a ford focus.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
However I don't agree with it, I don't see why it shouldn't happen, really. The owner's of companies are the ones who generate business, revenue, create jobs for others etc., essentially make money circulate to make the world go round. Through that business, innovation and technology progress, and as a result medicine advances, as do most other things.

People are just hoarding money, they aren't using it. Amassing wealth to use it in the future would be great, but that's not what's happening. This "trickle down" theory has failed.

I realize 40% of the wealth is a massive leap, but it is what it is. This is a capitalist society (North America), and these people just learned how to capitalize better than the rest of us.

So there's a flaw in the system, but fuck it that's just how it is?

The tough part, which I think people are really stuggling to grasp here, is that the wealth will now stay in those 'lines of people'; families, generations etc. There's really no way to recover and re-spread it. It's like the bankers of old, the Sachs and Rockafellers. This is just the modernization of their feats.

Welcome to 2013. Get money.

This world is all about who you know, rather then what you can do.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I could not agree more with your last statement cock. While you have to be able to "get the job done", nothing benefits you more than knowing the right people in the right places. And because in your average day of O&G some men turn millions and other men go bust, it pays to always smile, shake hands and never burn your bridges. Ever.

Some subtle racism at play as well.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Those of us who want to be the top 25% of the top 1% of the top %1 of the top 1%

Aren't you paying attention?

You've burned your bridges with me, blades.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Quotes above - Shortened by BJ to keep the thread lookin clean
Cock, I couldn't agree more with you. What I mean to ask is this: Who designed 'the system'? Are there rules? Do people amassing wealth have to spend it? My point is this: they're not doing anything wrong, per se. Sure, there's some ridiculous salaries, bonuses etc., but they're from the companies that these people have created and made successful.

If I was the one who created, say, Microsoft (just a random example, let's forget relevance for a second), I would also pay myself billions and look for cheap labour. Mind you, once I achieved so much, I might not have as much greed as [insert greedy 1%er here], but there's no rule/law saying that I can't earn 'X' amount.

The issue that I do have, however, is how money influences policy. That, I think, is much more relevant than how much certain people make. That's where we end up funneling a fuckload of money to dead ends, only to make one person rich (i.e. tax evasion, foreign accounts, false umbrella network companies etc.).

I think that's the true cause.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Alberta's way better than most of this country's over-populated (RE: p.akies) and over-priced communities (RE: Toronto/MTL/Vancouver). Calgary does have a p.aki mayor though hahaha

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Alberta's way better than most of this country's over-populated (RE: p.akies) and over-priced communities (RE: Toronto/MTL/Vancouver). Calgary does have a p.aki mayor though hahaha

I liked the whole discussion but then I get to this crap ^^
Whats up with that OG? I mean you're black FFS, you should know better.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
A ) A joke
B ) He is, actually, handling shit "like a G" (I'm assuming this gangster-speak for "well")
C ) Minus all of the jokes/ha-ha, Canada does really have to start utilizing immigration better, allowing cities other than Toronto/GTA, Montreal and Vancouver to grow. We have way too much land, but because of the densities, we endure ridiculous real-estate prices and traffic. It's silly.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
A ) A joke
B ) He is, actually, handling shit "like a G" (I'm assuming this gangster-speak for "well")
C ) Minus all of the jokes/ha-ha, Canada does really have to start utilizing immigration better, allowing cities other than Toronto/GTA, Montreal and Vancouver to grow. We have way too much land, but because of the densities, we endure ridiculous real-estate prices and traffic. It's silly.

A) We know and still <3 u
B) I'm glad they are. We can use them here in Toronto.
C) I know! Either that or block it off, like what David Suzuki thinks. http://o.canada.com/2013/07/11/david-suzuki-immigration-french-newspaper-interview/

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
My parents are in the top 2% in the U.S. pushing into the 1% and they have worked their asses off to get where they are. You see all these people growing up while going to school not doing the work, not making the right decisions. It's no wonder they don't amount to anything. People are lazy and if they can get by on the dime of others they will. Some of these people even feel entitled to shit which is ridiculous and now they are saying the wealthy hasn't done shit for them or they have too much money. They are ignorant to their situation and choices, their lives are the result of their terrible choices that they don't want to own up to. Success doesn't grow on trees, if you want a lot of money make something everyone will want/need/use or work your way up in the food chain.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
My parents are in the top 2% in the U.S. pushing into the 1% and they have worked their asses off to get where they are. You see all these people growing up while going to school not doing the work, not making the right decisions. It's no wonder they don't amount to anything. People are lazy and if they can get by on the dime of others they will. Some of these people even feel entitled to shit which is ridiculous and now they are saying the wealthy hasn't done shit for them or they have too much money. They are ignorant to their situation and choices, their lives are the result of their terrible choices that they don't want to own up to. Success doesn't grow on trees, if you want a lot of money make something everyone will want/need/use or work your way up in the food chain.

Who are you talking about? Anyone not in the 1%? Lower, middle, upper class? With the example of your parents, are you saying everyone in the 1% deserve to be there? Your post is just like the video in the OP, I'm having trouble who is being targeted and no sources provided.

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
Who are you talking about? Anyone not in the 1%? Lower, middle, upper class? With the example of your parents, are you saying everyone in the 1% deserve to be there? Your post is just like the video in the OP, I'm having trouble who is being targeted and no sources provided.

No, I'm talking about people who aren't where they want to be or where they think they should be.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Just another liberal communist thread. Cock sounds like my Race & Ethnicity teacher crying about Generational Wealth.

Boo hoo the system is so terrible! People in the 12th century had it so much better! Canada and the US need to wake up and be more like China, Russia, and Europe as a whole!

QQ more. Inheritance and legacy wealth are awesome.

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
Just another liberal communist thread. Cock sounds like my Race & Ethnicity teacher crying about Generational Wealth.

Boo hoo the system is so terrible! People in the 12th century had it so much better! Canada and the US need to wake up and be more like China, Russia, and Europe as a whole!

QQ more. Inheritance and legacy wealth are awesome.

What the liberals don't understand is when that money is in savings or stock, the banks are loaning that money and making investments to other entrepreneurs which spurs creation of jobs and the businesses are innovating and taking risks in an open market.

:ready4rage: