Voice Settings Won't Save for CSS

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Hey guys, just installed css on laptop. One problem, I am deafening everyone playing because the mic is set to maximum transmit volume + mic gain boost. Everytime I set it lower and click 'OK' it doesn't save. I try over and over and get this message in console:

Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

I went to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\lestiddy\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg

file and made sure it wasn't set to read-only anymore but that didn't fix the problem. WTF do i do?

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
so, everytime you open your options box in css, it reflexes the newly changed volume?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
This is well known. Css options don't save for shit because it, itself, is a piece of shit.

Set your microphone preferences in Windows' Control Panel, and you'll be good to go.

ControlPanel->Sound->Recording->Microphone.

On the top you have levels, along with gain n shit... adjust, test, make final adjustments, and you're good to go.

cranswick

TD Admin
did you recently update any drivers for audio, or video devices?? cause i know everytime i update my Drivers i have to reinstall, cause it won't save any of my settings...

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
[quote1263941555=Fork Included]
i adjust my volume through steam voice controls.
[/quote1263941555]
lols haha