video card

LT_Clash

TD Member
i have orders all the parts for my new computor exept the video card and im not sure what to do. i got an AMD quad core so i know it should be paired with an ATI GPU. im not sure if i should order the 5850 or wait and see what nvidea comes out with to counter this eyefinity thing ATI has going now.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
nvidia aint comming out with anything soon, last i read there was the head of nvidia showing off the first model of the GT300 series, and what do you know it exposed as a fake.

next they did a trial production run that had a 1.7% yield of working units, in otherwords nvidia is finished.

cranswick

TD Admin
if you're on a budget wait for the HD 5830 should launch this month or next, or also i have an HD 5770 and it overclocks really well, i was able to reach beyond HD 4890 performance...

LT_Clash

TD Member
ya i was looking at the gf100 this morning very impressive. i dont understand most of that but i do understand that it is 8x faster than the curent gpu in the gt200 line. also mike nvidia and ati take turns coming out with the newest tech first. Nvidia has ome out with the first dx8 and 10 cards and ati has done the first dx 9, 10.1 and 11 cards