• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuan

Should Canada legalize Marijuana?

• Yes! Smoke weed er'day!

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Yes, but should be heavily controlled, like guns in Canada

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Nope, still sketchy

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No! Fuck that shit

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Laziness doesn't derive from technology. It comes from being satiated with past times due to video games, TV Shows, the internetz, and, movies. These days people look for something to entertain them, rather then going out and finding fulfillment else where.

Don't believe me? Stop all these unnecessary activities yourself, or regulate your entertainment time per week. You'll have plenty of time for self improvement or projects/hobbies.

As a side note, more and more jobs now have doubled in work load due to accessibility. Instant communication such as Email, fax (lol), and, cellphones have all added to this. Higher end jobs are just expected deal with 150+ emails a day, and technology is making it so 1 person is doing the work of what 2 or more would have been. So Fuck anyone who says the younger generation has it easier.
****Of course this doesn't apply to most dead end jobs.****

Back to the topic at hand,

Every study that's done on Marijuana has repeatedly come back with how it causes brain damage and almost stops brain development when taken regularly by anyone under 19.
Marijuana should be legalized and regulated, it's too accessible and dangerous for anyone in a developing age.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Laziness doesn't derive from technology. It comes from being satiated with past times due to video games, TV Shows, the internetz, and, movies. These days people look for something to entertain them, rather then going out and finding fulfillment else where.

Back to the topic at hand,

Every study that's done on Marijuana has repeatedly come back with how it causes brain damage and almost stops brain development when taken regularly by anyone under 19.

Marijuana should be legalized and regulated, it's too accessible and dangerous for anyone in a developing age.

Agreed, well said. And can you give a link to that study? I've heard about it, but was told it was just a rumour.

Also, Colorado will be the first state to open pot shops and regulate sales from seeds to sale! http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/28/us/10-things-colorado-recreational-marijuana/index.html

MetalLobster

TD Admin

I hate using google for looking for a particular study because different articles point to different studies. I ended up looking up academic journals using my school's database and it seems legit, but not as bad as most of the media make it out to be. This article sums it up nicely:

wBfIgQZ.jpg

MuRT4v9.jpg

Macido

DARKLY Regular
As someone who is a recovering addict, if your life focus is to look for more efficient and legal ways to escape reality, i'd say your life priorities are seriously wrong and you need to seek help immediately. It lead's to emptiness, depression and nothing good.
I would only vote legalization for the seriously ill as it's the only people this substance will provide any benefit too that also outweighs the side effects.

Everything you intake produces side effects, sometimes it takes a decade of time for it to surface and by then it's too late. Read Tupac's biography on when he went to prison and could not smoke up for a long period of time and sobered up, he saw the shit was wrong.

Take it from someone who already screwed up, focus on getting top performance in mind and body without chemicals, you will never want to pollute what you have going.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
As someone who is a recovering addict, if your life focus is to look for more efficient and legal ways to escape reality, i'd say your life priorities are seriously wrong and you need to seek help immediately. It lead's to emptiness, depression and nothing good.

Take it from someone who already screwed up, focus on getting top performance in mind and body without chemicals, you will never want to pollute what you have going.

It's awesome you could break that addiction and kudos on staying clean.

It seems your perception is that use is synonymous with abuse, when that's really not the case for everyone.
If it was, no one would have survived the 70's.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
I agree I can't speak for the entire world
but lets be honest here, do you think people are taking this drug because they like the taste/aroma/texture?
Or the high, which is a form of escapism.
Escapism is abuse dependent on the motivation for the user doing it

I ask.. what's your reason?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
but lets be honest here, do you think people are taking this drug because they like the taste/aroma/texture?

Yes that is the clinical definition. One might argue that it brings up a whole other discussion about chemistry, the human brain, and, addiction. Also about the greatest artists, minds, and, musicians in our history.

I smoked up for meditation, lucid dreaming, and a general sense of enjoyment. I regularly took month long brakes, and controlled my habit. I am not the norm and I wouldn't suggest it's for everyone.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
i kinda do what i feel like. i should drink less beer, shits wearing out the liver. on the weekends, start beering up in the noon. ffuu-

$alvador

TD Member

Escapism is abuse? Wow, then I guess we should just outlaw all forms of art and culture because that shit is definitely escapism. We should outlaw video games too, never know when some addict is going to waste hours of his life making some papier mache version of an armour he saw in a video game.

Sounds extreme? Well, so does a democratic government assuming they have the right to arbitrarily enforce what sort of escapism is OK and what sort is not. It's even more extreme when you consider the hypocrisy of approving toxic substances like alcohol and tobacco for consumption, but prohibiting the non-toxic plant that has scientifically-proven medicinal benefits.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
Weed free 7years now, my brain is so much sharper and retention is much greater!
I was talking to a young personal trainer employee at my gym just yesterday and he explained how he used to toke after a workout all the time and every single day through highschool. I asked why he quit and he said the exact same thing as you did buckshot. Clarity and focus of mind, he didn't enjoy waking up and smoking himself into a foggy state(his own words). We both agreed that some people possibly experience the opposite effect and are fine if not better, but this I would think is a small minority of users.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
Escapism is abuse? Wow, then I guess we should just outlaw all forms of art and culture because that shit is definitely escapism. We should outlaw video games too, never know when some addict is going to waste hours of his life making some papier mache version of an armour he saw in a video game.

Sounds extreme? Well, so does a democratic government assuming they have the right to arbitrarily enforce what sort of escapism is OK and what sort is not. It's even more extreme when you consider the hypocrisy of approving toxic substances like alcohol and tobacco for consumption, but prohibiting the non-toxic plant that has scientifically-proven medicinal benefits.

I meant escapism from reality, by altering ones brain chemistry. All the things you mentioned are means of entertainment within your natural state of being to enjoy them.

Marijuana has no medicinal value in healthy people.. scientifically proven to impair a lot of functions. Only the sick gain benefits which I am ok with the use and sale too.

I agree alcohol and tobacco are bad if not worse(in equal proportions) and should probably be illegal in a perfect world, but they tried and it didn't work.
I say move forward and not backwards.

$alvador

TD Member
I meant escapism from reality, by altering ones brain chemistry. All the things you mentioned are means of entertainment within your natural state of being to enjoy them.

Ahh so you are saying psychoactive substances are bad. What about coffee and chocolate? Those are also psychoactive, should they be banned?

Marijuana has no medicinal value in healthy people..

Logically, it's true that medicine can't cure you if you aren't sick. However, compounds in marijuana have antioxidant effects (similar to ones found in coffee and chocolate) which are important for healthy people to keep consuming if they wish to stay healthy.

Long story short, there's soooo much medical literature demonstrating beyond a doubt that marijuana is not toxic and does not pose any sort of threat to your mental or physical health.

Sorry but I just can't take your opinion seriously since you already tainted your argument admitting that you have bias from your own experiences with drug abuse. While that sucks, and while I even know where you're coming from having struggled with such issues myself, I don't suppose for an instant that my experience is universal and that what's good for me MUST be good for everyone else in the world. We can either live in a world where people have freedom of choice in arts, sports, sexuality and what people put in their bodies, or we can live in a world where people don't have any freedom at all, but if we're going to make any progress we can't continue with a world in which certain people of influence get to decide what freedoms other human beings are able to enjoy.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Fuck anyone who believes they have any right to dictate what any other person can do with their own body.

Machido telling me I shouldn't have the right to make my own decisions because I am healthy and don't need it,is as stupid as the Catholic church telling African's not to use condoms or old male republicans telling young women they don't have the right to abortion.

Drug use has shaped my mind and created the person I am today, without the experiences I've had with LSD/Mushrooms and other chemicals I would likely still be a conservative christian as I was when I was younger, instead of the atheist liberal-conservative hybrid I am today.

Life is collection of experiences, and everyone should experience what they wish during their short time on this earth. If you want to be clean and focus on your career GREAT! Do it up! I am doing that myself at this current point in time. But if smoking blunts and slamming 40oz'ers is more to your liking, again GREAT! Do it up!

Weed free 7years now, my brain is so much sharper and retention is much greater!

I'm curious, are you against people having the choice to walk down the paths you turned away from BJ?