• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuan

Should Canada legalize Marijuana?

• Yes! Smoke weed er'day!

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Yes, but should be heavily controlled, like guns in Canada

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Nope, still sketchy

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No! Fuck that shit

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
They'll definitely send less to jail for cannabis-related offenses. They'll also see production drop-dead and crime skyrocket. My honest opinion. You don't see Jamaica ramping up production lol

$alvador

TD Member
honestly i don't see the big deal with legalizing it when it's so common in canada anyway. i mean alcohol and cigarettes are incredibly addictive and despite being legal and publicly available most people haven't just stopped their lives to become wasters, so there's pretty slim chance that legalizing weed will somehow change things for the worse.

oh also the judges refuse to lay out mandatory minimums even on previously convicted dealers so that just goes to show you even our legal system thinks throwing people in prison even for selling it is a fucking joke

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
They'll definitely send less to jail for cannabis-related offenses. They'll also see production drop-dead and crime skyrocket. My honest opinion. You don't see Jamaica ramping up production lol

Does legal alcohol consumption affect production right now? No. I don't see how Marijuana will change that. It should be legalized and taxed just like tobacco and alcohol.

1) tax generated revenue
2) free up the jails from marijuana related offenses (save tax payer money)
3) save up on police resources and focus them on serious crimes instead.

It's a win for the gov when they do that. Billions can be made and saved, which in turns reduces the deficit. Tired of this propaganda about Marijuana. It is safer and healthier than both cigarettes and alcohol. Actually has a lot of health benefits. People who will be "less productive" are substance abusers, same people who are alcoholics and drug addicts. I don't see how legalizing it harms society or the recreational users. Marijuana is classified as a non addictive drug because only 5% of it's users actually get addicted, and those people are ones who have addictive personalities and can get addicted to anything.

The US is slowly legalizing it, state by state. It's only a matter of time until all the states legalize it. Unfortunately for Canadians, conservatives have vowed that it will never be legalized or decriminalized under their watch. We need the liberals win and take care of that. 10 years ago or so the liberals were so close to decriminalize it. I give it 10-15 years, just watch it be legal everywhere. Our generation will change things.

Posted using dat Q10

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
See LB's quote above, tried to keep thread clean.
I agree with all you say, the only reason I'm against it is because our generation is fucked (education rates, crime rates, general laziness etc.) and their attitude towards the world as it stands. When I see the losers everywhere kicking stones down the road, I only imagine it could get worse with legalizing marijuana. Sure, there are those people who would nothing but benefit, but I can't help to think about the general public now-a-days... yeesh.

MetalLobster

TD Admin

I agree with all you say, the only reason I'm against it is because our generation is fucked (education rates, crime rates, general laziness etc.) and their attitude towards the world as it stands. When I see the losers everywhere kicking stones down the road, I only imagine it could get worse with legalizing marijuana. Sure, there are those people who would nothing but benefit, but I can't help to think about the general public now-a-days... yeesh.

Whenever I hear this in any form, I wonder if anyone has taken the thought of which generation build the foundation for this one. The CEO's, board members, high decision makers and what not are definitely not from this generation and look what they've done to the music industry, education and political system. They then proceed to point their finger at us. Their generation is fucked, we're screwed.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member

I do agree that our generation is lazy. But in my opinion that is largely because of technology. Technology is making us lazy. One simple and perfect example is the calculator. My dad always told me how good we have it now, when he was in school, you had to do all the math on your own. Now kids can't do simple math, just pull calculator and it does all the work for them. So as much as I like technology and all the convenience it brings, shit is making kids lazy and dumb as fuck.

Posted using dat Q10

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I do agree that our generation is lazy. But in my opinion that is largely because of technology. Technology is making us lazy. One simple and perfect example is the calculator. My dad always told me how good we have it now, when he was in school, you had to do all the math on your own. Now kids can't do simple math, just pull calculator and it does all the work for them. So as much as I like technology and all the convenience it brings, shit is making kids lazy and dumb as fuck.

Posted using dat Q10

I don't agree with that logic, because the point of technology, say the calculator, was made to save time and eliminate errors so that we can proceed to tackle bigger problems. For example, when configuring services for my virtual machines, I write scripts that allow me check up on multiple things with only one command, but that doesn't mean my understanding of every single thing in that script has disappeared. My scripts has saved me a shit ton of time, letting my focus on the bigger problem, if any. Kids who use calculators in the way you've written are only doing math because they want a good grade, not actually learn and they would be dumb-asses anyway if they were taught without it.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Metal, both you and LB are correct. The point of technology is incredible, but LB's saying (and I agree) is that as a byproduct it has enabled our generation to have the choice to be lazy. Clearly, the majority have chosen to be lazy, instead of using the technology and advancing.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Metal, both you and LB are correct. The point of technology is incredible, but LB's saying (and I agree) is that as a byproduct it has enabled our generation to have the choice to be lazy. Clearly, the majority have chosen to be lazy, instead of using the technology and advancing.

I don't disagree, I just don't like the logic and I feel it's important to realize technology is just one factor into the whole problem.

As for the original OP, as much good as legalizing weed will be, the 'Mericans will definitly have a hissy-fit over it. Just as Canadians put part blame on our gun problem on 'merica, they will point the finger at us for making it easier for weed to enter 'merica.