UPS

Narf!

TD Admin
You'll want only your UPS to power your PC and NOT your monitors. You don't stand to lose anything if your monitors go out (you may* want 1 monitor to be connected in case you need to see the screen so you can go save your shit). If you're a person that leaves his PC all day even when you're away, look for those that do automatic shutdowns when the standby power is < 1 min or something like that.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
I have a few APC UPS too, dont get anything expensive for your personal computer man, i have noticed as well IT guy at work says they used to be good but now they all work for like 1 year and you are supposed to change the battery. meaning whatever u get will be shit so don't spend to much i guess...

...I have APC backUPS E350 or somthing, basically if there is a power flicker my shit won't turn off, but a power outage the compter kicks in this program called powerchute which shuts it down cleanly. it can probably keep my computer running for 5 mins tops.

if there was a way to get one from future shop that you could exchange say a year from now for a brand new one...

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
ah they use a brand at work called &quot;cyberpower&quot; its probably cheap brand, but i dont think they would put unreliable hardware on the servers.