• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

EXPIRED Unban. Do Not Understand Why i was Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name When Banned: Andywoo (Maybe Andywoo [SFM])
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:67585940
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Darkly Trade #2
Ban Reason: Ignoring Admins

State your case: I was telling offensive jokes on the server to a friend, and someone i think was staff told me to stop. i don't remember the name of the person who told me to stop but they were in spectator and they didn't have a staff tag, but i stopped and went on with my business of trying to trade. I played for about another 30 minutes just saying my trades. Eventually got off to do some source film maker work. I get back on tf2 and try to join the server, but im stopped by the message telling me i am banned. The reason stated is for ignoring the admins, but i did stop when i was told and did not make another offense. If i did something else that i didn't realize i was doing then ill gladly live out my 4 day ban, but id like to know if something can be done about this.

If it helps the person who told me to stop had a 2 letter name i think

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
Name When Banned: Andywoo (Maybe Andywoo [SFM])
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:67585940
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Darkly Trade #2
Ban Reason: Ignoring Admins

State your case: I was telling offensive jokes on the server to a friend, and someone i think was staff told me to stop. i don't remember the name of the person who told me to stop but they were in spectator and they didn't have a staff tag, but i stopped and went on with my business of trying to trade. I played for about another 30 minutes just saying my trades. Eventually got off to do some source film maker work. I get back on tf2 and try to join the server, but im stopped by the message telling me i am banned. The reason stated is for ignoring the admins, but i did stop when i was told and did not make another offense. If i did something else that i didn't realize i was doing then ill gladly live out my 4 day ban, but id like to know if something can be done about this.

If it helps the person who told me to stop had a 2 letter name i think

After telling you to stop saying offensive jokes you continually started the jokes right up again after I left. I had computer problems so I have no idea if you were doing it for the whole time or just when I got back on, under a different name.

The second time I came back on you were spitting out racial and obscene jokes yet again, and many told me that they told you to stop.. Your other friend there was also saying offensive things however, he stopped after I asked him to..

Just because the person telling you doesn't have a staff tag DOES NOT mean you're entitled to continue your offensive antics.

I had not said any jokes at all that day until i had come back on from server number 1 and someone came was telling them. i decided to tell 2 or 3 jokes. Nanoactive, i assume it was him, kicked the first guy, but he came back on the server immediately. nanoactive then said to me if you do not stop you will be next. so i did stop and i went on with my day. I do not know if you are confusing me with the other guy who might have continued the jokes.

After telling you to stop saying offensive jokes you continually started the jokes right up again after I left. I had computer problems so I have no idea if you were doing it for the whole time or just when I got back on, under a different name.

The second time I came back on you were spitting out racial and obscene jokes yet again, and many told me that they told you to stop.. Your other friend there was also saying offensive things however, he stopped after I asked him to..

Just because the person telling you doesn't have a staff tag DOES NOT mean you're entitled to continue your offensive antics.
i did not continue with the jokes. you must be thinking of the other guy because i stopped. i wouldnt continue to do something knowing the punishment

Doing some research on my stats i dont even think i was online tf2 let alone darkly server 2 when i was "telling more jokes under a different name." i did not change my name at all that day. ive included some images. 1 is of when i was banned, 1 was the last message i typed before leaving, and the last one is the time i left to go do some sfm/play dota and watch a friends stream, and when i first tried to join and found out i was banned. my last message and me leaving all happened before i was banned.

Attachments

• ban time.PNG
    ban time.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
  • last message.PNG
    last message.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • leave time and first finding i was banned.PNG
    leave time and first finding i was banned.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 5
what i think happened here was my friend was telling jokes you told him to stop, you crashed, i joined AFTER YOU CRASHED,
If I'm correct, your ban was a web ban which means it was made after the fact. This was most probably because you left while he was trying to
even then, he is saying i changed my name after his crash when i did not change my name

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
If I'm correct, your ban was a web ban which means it was made after the fact. This was most probably because you left while he was trying to provide a ban, so he went to get a senior staff member to apply a ban on the web (which would take longer).

As for your messages, it was never specified wether your racist language was on the mic, or the chat, but @Nanoactive can clear that up for you.

Edit: Could someone delete my other message?

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
what i think happened here was my friend was telling jokes you told him to stop, you crashed, i joined AFTER YOU CRASHED,

even then, he is saying i changed my name after his crash when i did not change my name
Link said friend's information, and depending on what Nanoactive says about where the infraction took place (chat or mic) we can check to see if there was a mix up.

Thanatos

TD Member
Jeez Rei, lrn2edit.

Andrew's chat logs are clean btw, also please note the ban is only for 4 days it is not permanent.

As Rei has stated, the timing won't line up because the ban was done manually by a senior admin and not at the time of the infraction.

Reactions: Rei

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
If I'm correct, your ban was a web ban which means it was made after the fact. This was most probably because you left while he was trying to provide a ban, so he went to get a senior staff member to apply a ban on the web (which would take longer).

As for your messages, it was never specified wether your racist language was on the mic, or the chat, but @Nanoactive can clear that up for you.

Edit: Could someone delete my other message?
What occured had occured over the mic, so there is not going to be any chat logs.

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
Doing some research on my stats i dont even think i was online tf2 let alone darkly server 2 when i was "telling more jokes under a different name." i did not change my name at all that day. ive included some images. 1 is of when i was banned, 1 was the last message i typed before leaving, and the last one is the time i left to go do some sfm/play dota and watch a friends stream, and when i first tried to join and found out i was banned. my last message and me leaving all happened before i was banned.
Sorry, you can't edit messages on here. You weren't the one under a different name, it was me.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
What occured had occured over the mic, so there is not going to be any chat logs.

There's nothing we can do at this time to see if it was a misunderstanding, but Nanoactive was your banning admin and he will decide if you'll be unbanned or not. If the outcome is no, note that your ban only lasts a couple more days. You'll be automatically unbanned when it expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.