Ultrabooks

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Thinking about getting an ultrabook. Anyone have any of the following, or any other suggestions for a decent one?

Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook - 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 15" Display, Windows 8 (NP900X4D-A03CA)

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7362984&Sku=S203-11117 CA

or

ASUS ZENBOOK UX31A 13.3" Ultrabook - Silver (Intel Core i5-3317U / 128GB SSD / 4GB RAM / Windows 8)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...4gb-ram-windows-8-ux31a-dh51-cb/10227296.aspx
This will be going on sale at bestbuy for about $750

Anyone have either of these?

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
:foreveralone:

just bought the Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 for $1,060.83 total after tax including 1 year accidental damage insurance. :notbad:

just bought the Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 for $1,060.83 total after tax including 1 year accidental damage insurance. :notbad:
Didn't you have a Blackberry you were selling? You sold it already?

I wish I had that much money, but a Yoga? Out of all the things, a Yoga? :fuckthis:

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
No I'm still selling the BlackBerry. What ultrabook would you get? All the reviews I read say the yoga is pretty damn good.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
3rd generation Intel Core i5-3337U Processor( 1.80GHz 1600MHz 3MB) with Turbo Boost to 2.7GHz

$alvador

TD Member

$200+ for some bullshit Best Buy warranty? I bet my left nut they are only guaranteeing replacement with a refurbed laptop which you would already be covered for under the manufacturer warranty

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
$200+ for some bullshit Best Buy warranty? I bet my left nut they are only guaranteeing replacement with a refurbed laptop which you would already be covered for under the manufacturer warranty

Derp, I bought it from Lenovo not BB. For $38 they will cover it for a year and send a tech to your house if there are any problems. Also covers accidental damage so when I throw it against the wall after using Windows 8 they will fix it :D

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
They won't really send a tech out, HP does the same extended warranty and re-nigs on it all the time.

$alvador

TD Member
Hah that's not so bad, would even be nice if those techs were sexy bitches in miniskirts :icanonlydream:

No I'm still selling the BlackBerry. What ultrabook would you get? All the reviews I read say the yoga is pretty damn good.
Neither, Ultra-books are an unnecessary luxury. If you were buying from Lenovo, I'd have picked a ThinkPad, one of those technician and TCI-favored ones, the ones that went up to space and are nearly indestructible when you throw them from a mountain.

Yoga seems to be the best, I meant to say Ultrabook. Haha, still have the blackberry, those will become aids very soon...

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Neither, Ultra-books are an unnecessary luxury. If you were buying from Lenovo, I'd have picked a ThinkPad, one of those technician and TCI-favored ones, the ones that went up to space and are nearly indestructible when you throw them from a mountain.

Yoga seems to be the best, I meant to say Ultrabook. Haha, still have the blackberry, those will become aids very soon...

Why are ultrabooks an unnescessary luxury? I want a laptop with decent power that is easy to carry around. You talk about unnescessary luxury and then say you would get "one of those technician and TCI-favored ones, the ones that went up to space and are nearly indestructible when you throw them from a mountain." This is very necessary I would love to throw my laptop off a mountain or maybe even out of a moving car on the highway into the path of a highway truck.
:megaderp:

I love my BlackBerry. I've tried Android twice and keep coming back to BB. I get shit done with it plain and simple.

Why are ultrabooks an unnescessary luxury? I want a laptop with decent power that is easy to carry around. You talk about unnescessary luxury and then say you would get "one of those technician and TCI-favored ones, the ones that went up to space and are nearly indestructible when you throw them from a mountain." This is very necessary I would love to throw my laptop off a mountain or maybe even out of a moving car on the highway into the path of a highway truck.
:megaderp:

I love my BlackBerry. I've tried Android twice and keep coming back to BB. I get shit done with it plain and simple.
But I mean, for that much money...you might as well tweak everything out. :why:
:yaoming:

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahha

:feelscry:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
what does megaderp have to do with not posting gunshot wound pics & being a furryfag?

Lets not be insulting Megaderp...