Ubuntu OS - (TF2 item)

Rams

TD Admin
Anyone running this Operating system for the TF2 item? I was installing but got stuck at copying files.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I made it bootable from my thumb drive to do the installation. Windows 8 fucks with EVERYTHING, so i am struggling. I know Phear is doing it through a virtual program he has. He got the Penguin.

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Ahh yes. Truly one of the best free OS out there. Still had the old version of it, and it's still going.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I still prefer KDE over Ubuntu's GNOME. But I have both installed anyway. Problem solved.

I'm willing to bet there will be a mass flood of alts taking advantage of this promotion since everyone thinks Valve is trying to make a second Earbuds....

cj4981

DARKLY Regular
I'm willing to bet there will be a mass flood of alts taking advantage of this promotion since everyone thinks Valve is trying to make a second Earbuds....
I agree, I see a lot of people also trying to sell services by logging into the others person's account with linux on their comp which gives the person the promotion item.

cj4981

DARKLY Regular
Im just saying that just because its untradable right now doesnt mean they cant make it tradable later...

Baorite

BANNED
I installed Ubuntu and had it working all fine. Now though it instantly goes to grub instead of booting, so I can't install TF2. Luckily I have about 2 weeks before I'll miss the item, but whatever, if I do I don't expect it to be worth much, 4 keys at most.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I installed Ubuntu and had it working all fine. Now though it instantly goes to grub instead of booting, so I can't install TF2. Luckily I have about 2 weeks before I'll miss the item, but whatever, if I do I don't expect it to be worth much, 4 keys at most.

Assuming you installed in on your computer alongside Windows which is what you implied, it's not going to directly boot into Ubuntu. It needs a bootloader. And GRUB overlays the default one on your motherboard. Are you saying it doesn't provide the option to boot into Ubuntu?

And knowing Valve, I wouldn't be surprised if they make them tradeable later to stimulate the economy and (maybe) create another form of currency. They do it ever year. 2009 - Bill's > 2010 - Buds > 2011/2012 - BMOC > 2012/2013 - Tux

Baorite

BANNED
Assuming you installed in on your computer alongside Windows which is what you implied, it's not going to directly boot into Ubuntu. It needs a bootloader. And GRUB overlays the default one on your motherboard. Are you saying it doesn't provide the option to boot into Ubuntu?

And knowing Valve, I wouldn't be surprised if they make them tradeable later to stimulate the economy and (maybe) create another form of currency. They do it ever year. 2009 - Bill's > 2010 - Buds > 2011/2012 - BMOC > 2012/2013 - Tux
I have installed it alongside Windows 7, and it was working, then suddenly it decided to freeze on the splash screen. Then after that, it went directly to grub after I chose to boot into Ubuntu.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I have installed it alongside Windows 7, and it was working, then suddenly it decided to freeze on the splash screen. Then after that, it went directly to grub after I chose to boot into Ubuntu.

Use a partition manager to ensure those aren't screwed up and the proper formats then. Reinstall Grub too.

Baorite

BANNED
There's an auto manager on Linux website and when you boot it says launch Windows or Ubunto, I'll send a link when I'm on my computer.
I already used this, so I'm on windows now, I can select Ubuntu, but it just doesn't work. I'll try what Gatherix said about the partition manager and reintalling grub. Not now because it's monday and I have the day off, but soon.