Trade Server Micspamming

Hey, I was wondering if Micspamming on the trade servers is allowed. There has been complaints from some people who want to use their mics to discuss their trade but can't because there are people spamming. The main guy I see Micspamming goes by the name of "SupermanDan" and he's usually on the Darkly Trade Server #1. I am also a fan of Micspamming but not on trade servers. Hope this can help. :biggrin:

Also, the !spreadsheet on the trade servers is really f'ed up. I mean someone who uses it might get scammed. Everything on it is over priced. Eg. Normal Bills for 13 keys, Normal Fast learner for 9 keys, Buds for 30 Keys etc. Someone needs to fix that.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Mic spamming is not allowed, it is annoying and can disrupt a lot of trades, seeing as a lot of people like to use their mic instead of typing.
Although there is an option for players to mute the player them selves, I would personally mute for repetitive mic spamming.

Also, I read somewhere from the person who coded the plugin that the speadsheet that !spreadsheet uses is the only one that works with the code script or something.
Normally people would use tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.co.uk but there was something like that spreadsheet isn't compatible with tf2 plugins or some thing like that. I'm not overly sure.

Maybe the developer will post here and give a bit more information on the subject, and you can talk to him about your issues with it.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
what kind of mic spamming? talking to0 much or just plain malicious mic spam (bieber, noise, etc.)?

Dragon

A Little Darkly
There are some spams where the person is actually spammming something they think is good and therefore the server likes

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
The !spreadsheet command pulls the data from tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.co.uk but it is just formatted nicer and searchable.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
The !spreadsheet command pulls the data from tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.co.uk but it is just formatted nicer and searchable.
Well according to 3p1c here, the prices are wrong. So it's either pulling the data completely wrong, or isn't the same spreadsheet.
In fact on the original thread posted about the plugin, he said that this was the source. http://pricelist-ecto.dotcloud.com/

Also, when asked if he can use tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.co.uk he replied with this.
I don't think we can force it to pull up that source due to Valve's lack of Java and flash limitations in the GUI and MOTD panels. (I have tried it. Game crashes, no matter how I tried to open it, not a Runtime error). If you find a better source, post it here and I'll try to make it work.

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
© 2012 ecto - Powered by Steam & TF2CPG

^ Shows at the bottom of the webpage. Why would they include TF2CPG (TF2 Spreadsheet) at the bottom if the prices aren't the same. =/
Again, if you guys find a better source, I can try to make it work. (I tried getting the source information of just spreadsheet off it's Google spreadsheet source, but it's only pulling little pieces)

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I've actually been on a server where they had a big screen with the blogspot spreadsheet on.
I think they had a spreadsheet plugin using it, but I didn't test it haha.

So I guess it is doable some how.

On the topic of Microphone Spam, do this. Take a Demo of the mic-spammer and post it in the Ban Requests section.

Type in the command console ` (The tilde button next to the number 1 on top of your keyboard), type in record pootis (Replace pootis with a word you can use to easily re-call the demo.) Once it says recording etc, type in after that status

Status will grab the hash and more importantly, Steam ID of everyone in the server at that very moment.

Take about 3, 5, 10 minutes of it, the more offensive/longer they do this, the more severe it will be taken, technically, no Mic Spamming is to occur, but there's several idiots who will not listen.

http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/76-Scammer-Reports-and-Ban-Requests

In the rules I believe that it says micspamming is not allowed on the DARKLY servers. Also it is a nuisance due to the fact no one can make a decent mic trade.