Thoughts on this PC

Felkis

I'm New Here
Hey hey, normally I never buy a pre-built system I have always built my own and it's getting time to do so soon I think as my current one is over 7 years old now seems to me. As I am getting older I get more lazy and I've lost some tough with the current gen of hardware. Our contact at work hooked me up with their VIP section site and i saw this system
http://www.nmicrovip.ca/asus-essent...7670-2gb-windows-8-cm1855-ca001s-refurbished/

A couple of notes, the only gaming I really do on my PC is CS:GO and the odd bit of SWTOR. I know the PSU on that system is low but I can swap out the 600w OCZ in my current machine for it. Not too worried about it being a refurb as one of the guys here has bought multiple refurbs from them and had no issues, 'sides generally 90 days is long enough to pass the burn in phase for things to crap out.

Thoughts?

Felkis

I'm New Here
Kinda my thoughts also :) next step... convince the Minister of Finance (aka da wif)
2 plans
1) Chocolates and flowers....
2) Copious amounts of morphine....

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
That thing has more space in its HDs than all mines combine... fml

Glocky

Drinking your tears
If you can play what you want for a year... 4bucks, why not?
But - this makes me skerd:
Memory
10GB DDR3 1600 MHz, 4 x DIMM

4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10? I know it's a refurby but damn... scavenged ram or something?

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
If you can play what you want for a year... 4bucks, why not?
But - this makes me skerd:
Memory
10GB DDR3 1600 MHz, 4 x DIMM

4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10? I know it's a refurby but damn... scavenged ram or something?
I noticed that too. AIDSRam, ftl. But, for $4, 8 GB of WINRam in one stick would cost like $100.

With the savings involved, that's a small sacrifice I think.