The Death of SourceOP

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
For those that aren't yet aware, the SourceOP administrators have removed all trading related content from their forums. This includes all TF2 trading sections and all users' TF2 reputation threads. This information is gone and will not be provided.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
A friend of mine told me about this on Steam yesterday.
He was quite happy because over time he has had quite a few people refuse to trade with him simply because he didn't have a SourceOP thread.
Who's laughing now?

So...
Recently we've had Ace Fortress, Rawr and SourceOP die.
I'm predicting the next death will be GoV.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Given that QuickPlay now only uses Valve servers by default, a lot of the smaller server communities will surely die.

Of the larger communities, $10 on SteamRep

Skial is so overrated and so is Lotus. There not really even a group because about 90% of their members are not very active. That's why I joined DARKLY because its an actual community group not just full of people who joined cause they just got an invite. Long Live Darkly!

Skial is so overrated and so is Lotus. There not really even a group because about 90% of their members are not very active. That's why I joined DARKLY because its an actual community group not just full of people who joined cause they just got an invite. Long Live Darkly!

:somuchwin:

From my view, the only reason skial grew as big is because of the wildfire known to trolls as 'admin abuse'. If the administration didn't let such drama and events take place, it wouldn't be as bad. But that's just my opinion, that and if I could pick one competent admin out of all of them, I would fire the rest, starting with one known for having an attitude 24/7. (I also suspect that money is made there...something owners and what not.)

Lotus itself has modest servers, it is just their regulars and their clan that the problem lies. I really despise the both of them.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I hop on to Lotus/Skial sometimes (what's a guy to do without a Darkly pub) and admin abuse is insane. I saw a guy get banned merely for ending an admin's killstreak. Lotus isn't as bad, but the people there are idiots. I agree with Jakk saying that there's probably money involved.

If SOP goes, I highly doubt a replacement will be made. Something about that community made them all click.

To touch up on skial and LotusClan once more, while they do have dedicated trade servers, I fear it will never see the light of day of heavy trading as done in the old servers. You do not hear those names thrown out to trade, you hear them more about the abuse and overall shit fests that take place there. Yet even bad publicity can be good publicity.

To date, the common place TF2 items are sold on is Outpost, along with a mixture of those .tf sites. Shame.

AVZPI9T.gif

I think it is moot point here on out as to what happens to SOP.