• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

The Cloudy Future of The Amazing Spider-man

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
Gotta say I really wanted to get this off my mind, and I feel like I wanted your guys opinions on it.

References:
http://screenrant.com/sony-spider-man-andrew-garfield-fired/
http://mashable.com/2014/12/12/spid...-america-3-but-not-played-by-andrew-garfield/

Of course this could be lies, but for the most part I can believe it myself. To summarize, Sony and Disney are in a huge fight over where The Amazing Spider-man franchise is going to go in terms of sequels and it seems as if either companies get a hold of where the direction of the movie is going, the current Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) will be cut out and replaced.

What a sack of bullshit, like seriously. I loved The Amazing Spider-man and personally I feel like Andrew fits the role almost perfectly and to see somebody else replace him after the last two movies is utter stupidity. I was never interested in the original Spider-man films because Toby Maguire didn't fit the role of Peter at all, and Mary Jane is just so damn boring. The chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield in the last two films was amazing and I loved the story of the first, and although the sequel was nothing special (Quite disappointing actually) replacing Andrew will just seem to ruin the franchise more.

So uh, how do you guys feel about a new Spidey?
2012AmazingSpiderman04PR030612.jpg

tobey-maguire-spider-man1.jpg

thekostar

TD Member
I'm torn, while I agree with you that Andrew fit the role better than Toby, I'm not sure how I felt about him and how convinced I was there's really nothing I can put my finger on, other than I don't really have a taste for his acting. With the announcement now that Sony will be allowing piderman to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe that has now been beautifully created. I rather like the idea of a new actor as Spiderman as they assimilate Spidey into the fold. Just my thoughts. Seems my google search has also revealed that the new Spidey may not be "white" or Caucasian, which is also very interesting, I kind of like it, apparently some fans have thrown Donald Glover out there as a Spidey, given his "nerd" and comedic stance I think he'd fit the role and Spidey comics have also had a little bit of humour.. your thoughts?

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-marvel-reboot-2017-casting-race/

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
I actually didn't mind Toby! Not too sure about Donald playing Spiderman though. I love the guy in Community and like his music, but dunno if Spiderman would "suit" him.

thekostar

TD Member
haha yeah I hate reboots all the same, and the Rhino fight was dumb. But if I'm not mistaken though, the Spidey integration into the Marvel Cinematic Universe is rumored to be as part of the Avengers: Civil War movie.

I didn't mind Toby in the first movie; the subsequent movies just didn't hit home with me.

I think there's a lot of people we can say didn't maybe "suit" their roles, but never know. It is an interesting rumor of true, that Spidey will not be white.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No comments on topic :(

Without bashing the topic, because it's nice to inspire conversation, but I cannot stand the pg-13 shit they spew now-a-days. PG-13 films used to have at least good stories back when I was a kid, now they're just too predictable. If it's not rated R, or at the very least the rare 14A I just don't bother.

That said, there's been a decent amount of good films in the R category, and I've much liked it.

thekostar

TD Member
BJ: don't disagree with you at all on that topic, wish more movies in general and these types of movies were R rated with deeper story lines.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
No comments on topic :(

Without bashing the topic, because it's nice to inspire conversation, but I cannot stand the pg-13 shit they spew now-a-days. PG-13 films used to have at least good stories back when I was a kid, now they're just too predictable. If it's not rated R, or at the very least the rare 14A I just don't bother.

That said, there's been a decent amount of good films in the R category, and I've much liked it.
It would be awesome if movies like this would be rated R, but sadly, that won't get all those tickets from the millions of kids wanting to see it :(