• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

The Battle for Ukraine

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
Seems to me that the debate of Ukraine not joining Soviet Russia seems to keep getting worse and worse every time something pops up about it on the news. This video is a news link to a video that sums up to date about what has been happening over there thus far. http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-now-i-get-it-ukraine-russia-crisis-103310950.html
In all seriousness Darkly Staff members/regulars/guests; in your guys honest opinion, should the US military get involved in this mess, or stay out of it? I honestly believe we should stay out of it, because the feud between US/USSR has been an endless one and has come VERY close to a another world war, and if the United States military gets involved with the Ukraine debate, it will become World War 3.
Everyone is entitled what America should do with the Ukrainian debate right now. Post what you guys think.

Thanatos

TD Member
I'm surprised they haven't gotten more involved already, everyone's dancing around the issue that they're being invaded which is the only thing that's prevented war to this point. When the USSR broke up, the Ukraine had the world's third largest stockpile of nukes, part of their disarmament treaty was that UK and US would protect them.

Glitchy

A Little Darkly
Pardon my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I'd rather not have another Vietnam, thank you. Not to mention another world war. Based off that video, I think that the US should do it's best to not join in on this until it's ABSOLUTELY required. Again, I have little knowledge on this, so I'm not totally sure when that required time would be.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
should the US military get involved in this mess, or stay out of it?

In all honesty, I fail to see where America fits into an issue between Ukraine and Russia. Or anywhere in the Middle East. Just like my country and Canada (where I live), I don't see why they would get involved.

This, to me, is like asking whether or not Zimbabwe should get involved. No connection......

*I'm not being sarcastic, fyi..

Reactions: 47

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I see where you're coming from, but it's all horse shit. Any time any country other than the US has a weapon, the US [Israel] freaks out and gets a treaty. Who the fuck stops them from stock-piling all of these weapons? That treaty, just like all of the other treaties that get violated every decade, mean nothing. To me, that's yet another excuse to go bomb someone, rebuild while making money and telling others they can't have weapons.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
I see where you're coming from, but it's all horse shit. Any time any country other than the US has a weapon, the US [Israel] freaks out and gets a treaty. Who the fuck stops them from stock-piling all of these weapons? That treaty, just like all of the other treaties that get violated every decade, mean nothing. To me, that's yet another excuse to go bomb someone, rebuild while making money and telling others they can't have weapons.

I will admit, America does get VERY nosy sometimes and butts in A LOT with events going in other parts of the world where we don't belong. America has been helping Ukraine out by giving them NON-LETHAL supplies stated in the linked video above such as food water, etc; but no weapons. As long as America doesn't get involved too far in the Ukrainian debate right now, no nukes will be flying across the planet as of right now. But should America get involved with this feud going on right now in a manner Russia doesn't appreciate(as much as Russia already hates America to begin with), here comes World War 3, goodbye world.

Sir Gentlemann

A Little Darkly
I know this may be like worst-case scenario or some sort of doomsday talk, but if events keep going the way they are we could have our selves a potential WW III.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
I know this may be like worst-case scenario or some sort of doomsday talk, but if events keep going the way they are we could have our selves a potential WW III.
Knowing the fued between USA and the USSR, it just might lead up to that, bye-bye world.

Tensions are high, Ukraine and Russia just plain hate each other's guts right now. Is there a possibility that will go to war, yes, is there a possibility that the Us will get involved, yes. I personally do not think the US should get involved with everyone's affairs anymore. We are literally the police of the world and right now that does not seem like a good idea considering the state of our economy and other problems. Even if it got to WW3 I don't think we would lose. I mean we do have the best military in the world but who knows any crazy thing could happen.

Noob.

TD Member
I think Putin has pretty much mastered the technique of pulling the US' (and the West's) strings to the point where he knows that no Western country has the stomach/political willpower to insert themselves into this situation and can toe that line. Unless Russia does something incredibly stupid to provoke the US they won't enter into any military action. Even the alleged shooting down of the civilian aircraft and the annexation of Crimea wasn't enough to bring them into military engagement. I don't think the US gets involved until something even bigger happens.

That being said, do I think the US should get involved? I think Putin doesn't want it to get that far, and on some level I think that if the US (and Nato) were to pledge actual levels of support Russia would back off. On the flip side the Russians are very unpredictable, and US involvement could result in a major escalation resulting in global war. In this case I don't think the risks of getting involved are worth the potential consequences.

If it does lead to war there is a price. Freedom for all. That is price always worth paying.
salut.jpg

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
One word: nukes. Russia is one of the very, very few nations that the US has been unable to fuck from the inside and bully into giving up its nukes while the US itself stockpiles the largest nuclear missile arsenal in the world. The US always claims it's for the good of the world - but lest we forget they're the only nation crazy and stupid enough to have used a nuke on another nation.

North Korea hasn't even used a nuke on anyone, and that's saying something,

Anyway, my point is that the US will avoid war with Russia because much like itself, Russia has nukes, and the US has more than just desolate ice to lose.