TF2 server suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
I thought it would be better to keep it all in one thread rather than start a new thread for every new idea someone has. (yah yah, i understand this is a new thread)

Anyways... i was wondering if you guys can try this out on the tf2 server:

Instead of the server being 24/7 PL, why not trying this rotation - Dustbowl, Gravelpit, Badwater Basin and Gold rush.

Why not also try having a mapvote near the end of the current map to decide what gets played next. If for some reason this turns out to 1 or 2 maps being played because people mash the 1 key, add 1-2 more maps (1 of each) or just keep the vote off the server altogether.

Besides the maps in said rotation, keep the other ones in the server so people could put up votes for them to see if the populace of the server would like to play something different. Then, in turn slowly introduce new maps over time.

Discuss.

Sidenote: Did anyone end up finding the no crits plugin? If not i can have a look for it.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Yea a mapvote is probably a good idea. That way people are not forced to play a map they don't want.
And CP is something to consider. But we don't want CP to kill the server either. Doesnt hurt to try it again and see how it goes. Trial and error is a good way to figure out the best rotation for our server. We wont know until we try right?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
"no random crit" mod is NECESSARY ! random crits are the main cause of ragequit

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1260507115=LoW BuDgEt]
Yea a mapvote is probably a good idea. That way people are not forced to play a map they don't want.
And CP is something to consider. But we don't want CP to kill the server either. Doesnt hurt to try it again and see how it goes. Trial and error is a good way to figure out the best rotation for our server. We wont know until we try right?
[/quote1260507115]

Thats right. If there are 24/7 CP servers im sure a couple CP maps will not empty out the TD server. Also, i think in order to get it regularly populated we need to experiment what works/what will keep people playing and coming back for more. I dunno.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
I like the idea of map vote.
Suggestion: Use the regular rotation we have now, but have a map vote at the end of each map, if the map vote does not win decisively (say 60% or so) then just go to the next map in the rotation. Thoughts?

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1260739678=BIOP]
Suggestion: Use the regular rotation we have now, but have a map vote at the end of each map, if the map vote does not win decisively (say 60% or so) then just go to the next map in the rotation. Thoughts?
[/quote1260739678]

+1, but i dont think it is necessary as of yet with the current 3 map rotation.

BIOP

[quote1260739875=Shortbus]
[quote1260739678=BIOP]
[/quote1260739678]

+1, but i dont think it is necessary as of yet with the current 3 map rotation.
[/quote1260739875]

Have other options not in the rotation in on the vote tho, if thats possible.

BIOP

Keep krits. It's part of the game. It's a major factor when playing soldier or demo, gotta spam like mad with them.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1260755413=47]
NO CRIT !! naao
[/quote1260755413]

+1, we need the random crit vote. It makes people ragequit.

BIOP

The only thing taking away random krit will do is underpower demos and soldiers.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1260768618=BIOP]
The only thing taking away random krit will do is underpower demos and soldiers.
[/quote1260768618]

Naaah, they still have their splash damage which is good. Them getting random crit is just too much.

SOMEHOW LIMIT ENGINEERS PER TEAM, MY GOD!!!
+1, as well as spies and snipers.

No point making a new thread about this...

Please fix the MOTD, still says GG server and L4D server plus looking for TF2 recruits to join the ranks, we still are?

Plus, add racism to the list of no-no's, banned a couple punks a few days ago but nowhere does it say racism is not allowed.

Danke.

bangbang

I'm New Here
No class limits that sucks too .. its easy to take out a team of engineers!

I suggest a reserved slot for TD members so that they can join easier when the server is full ... I am having a lot of trouble joining right now :(

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Yeah reserve slot doesn't build a happy pub community.
Keep random Krits!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.