TF2 No Crits Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fork Included

TD Admin
no crits would make heavies OP

no crits would make the pyro's upgraded gun useless

what about snipers? they get "crits" for headshots..

anyway crits are needed, make them stay, this mod is gay.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
yeah crits are an important part of the game... the uber medic charge would be usless, along with many other things like Fork points out...

TurboTaco

TD Admin
The no-crits mod won't change the guns or upgrades. It just removes the 'random' crits that can happen with any wep. The pyro backburner still does %100 crit if ur attacking from behind and the sniper rifle will still do the crit for HS when charged and the jarate will still do mini-crits on someone it hits AND the kritzkrieg medic gun still gives 10 sec crits to whoever when charged.

The no-crits thing is there to kind of 'even' the playing field, removing 'lucky' crits from the duration of the main game. Its not bad actually...but sometimes when ur BLU and you're a soldier and fire off 4 rockets at a group of fag sentries and not one of them is a crit, you're a sad panda

Fork Included

TD Admin
but luck is a large part of the game

a soldiers primary gameplay is part luck, fire and forget, blind shooting, same for the demo man, you know "someone is there" so you just start spamming pipe bombs.

long range baseballs, arrows, rockets and flare guns are 50% luck

you bumping into a spy with your own name and shooting his head off.. luck!

health-pack spawning at just the right moment... luck!

Crits stay.. as a Soldier player i rely on them quite a bit (even though they are random)

Random crits are often important game breakers..

LT_Clash

TD Member
i agree with taco random crits are the reason i dont play TF2, i think takeing the random crits out of the game might let me enjoy it alittle more.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
I wouldnt mind having this mod implemented. No random crits is fun, ive played it on a couple of servers... you dont get gayed like you would have when your about to kill soem1 but they get a random crit and kill you.

And i dont know if u were being sarcastic or not fork, but most of the stuff you listed doesnt have anything to do with luck. Long range projectiles, if you shoot them in the right direction you hit some1. Simple. Health pack respawnage, i think its on a timer every time it gets pick up or what not.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
hmm.. if what TT is saying is true, then its good. take out the random crits but keep the sniper HS, backburner crits and others.

random crit is fucking gay and uncalled for most of the time.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1259794169=47]
hmm.. if what TT is saying is true, then its good. take out the random crits but keep the sniper HS, backburner crits and others.

random crit is fucking gay and uncalled for most of the time.
[/quote1259794169]

All the regular crits remain. Just the random ones are what get voted off.

i agree with fork entirely.

random crits will occasionally allow me to kill that heavy medic pair that seems to be virtually invincible...

Nick P!

TD Member
Yeah, I forgot to mention that (I thought the mod page said that) - it essentially takes off all random crits - the Kritzkreig, backburner, mini-flare crits, headshots, etc still remain.

It just prevents a scout from have 5 HP and hitting you (a soldier) with a crit scattergun (~180 damage) to kill you when you have half HP or more. There are other countless situations like this (a fleeing spy on fire with a revolver crits you and kills you while they run away).

Most of the time people will vote to keep them on anyways, it is just a nice thing to have at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.