• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED [TF2] Moderator Application: Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Matthias

DARKLY Regular
Moderator Application

Game Handle(s): Richard Matthias (Previous game-handle: Darkly | Journey)
SteamID:STEAM_0:0:67772179
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: N/A
Real First Name: Erwin
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: Toronto’s #1,2,4,5
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: In all honesty, the entire idea had initially occurred to me when I first became a regular on the servers, and from there fourth lead me to think about my dedication of the time spent on the servers to preform these exigency duties. I have known the DARKLY community for roughly 11 months now and I frequently encounter new comers that join the servers and are not quite familiar with the server’s policy and tend to drive away regulars and other new comers with various types of expediencies. If I am given this type of responsibility and privilege, the servers will have a much greater benefit in having a preeminent player attraction with far less incensing provocatives which will lead to having more long-time regulars and amassing a greater newcomer quotient. I tend to try to help new traders with questions regarding (steam trading/Hardware development etc.) that they maybe experiencing. Many have some distrust issues towards unknown users with seemingly no reputable background outline at all and could be paranoid with the fact of the unknown user might want to carry malicious intent towards their data processor/systematic software. This could be moot with someone with a well-known user that has a proper certification and authority with handling questions in that particular type of department. I have been an active player on the servers and a well-known member to most, however, I am a bit quiet in-game (but I will not have a problem with using my mic a bit more to say hey and such) so this might be the first time to some that I have properly introduced myself. What constitutes good leadership of a person is in which someone who abides and instigates the Codified principals that are founded to entrench a domain to a well state of manner, all while having the ability to keep a positive and fun atmosphere on the servers is certainly very admirable and is what I try to show.Over the time when playing on the servers, I have noticed there are some that lack authoritative presence in which can lead to a possible detrimental causality on traders/players with an in-absolved disruption and could possibly lead to an unhealthy relationship or outlook on the community. On different but tangent matter, I attest that trying to engage the server environment into games and other activities would be a great start to begin the population expansion e.g. (Spycrabs, raffles, boxing) etc. to show the overall theme of the main purpose of the server (trading) made possible by a server host to portray how fun trading can be in a friendly/fun environment. Overall, If given the opportunity, I will enforce server policy and continue to have an active presence on the forums to see if there are any edifications that are needed to be made in regards of modifying a server rule. It would be a great honor to become an official associate of an outstanding community with great members.

Additional info about me:

~I anticipate in helping players with in-game questions that are relevant in the category of steam and its security.

~I have an experienced background in computer hardware (Attempting to get into computer coding such as Java, C++ etc.)

~I volunteer to help victims that were involved in a scamming dispute on the behalf of a non-profit organization known as the SteamRep database.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Are you in good standing with the community? Yes, I believe so.
Are you at least 18 years of age? No, I completely understand that maturity is possibly the most esteemed requirement when applying for a vital position such as a moderator which institutes trust as well as with responsibilities. This requirement obviously applies universally in which hopefully will not lead to a retraction.

**If you have any questions or comments/concerns I would like to encourage you to ask me below to see if there is absolutely anything I can improve upon.

Thanks!

nb

DARKLY Regular
Woah, this thread seems a bit dead... Time to revive it.

+1 for Richard/Journey. He is a mature, respectful Darkly member. Even though he is a bit quiet on the foums, he always helps people help with their mod/admin apps. Good luck, Richard!

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
+1 even though I haven't seen him in a while

-mature (I thought he was older lol)
-knows his crap
-Actually put lots effort into his mod app, instead of the ton of one liners we've seen lately

Richard Matthias

DARKLY Regular
Thank you everyone!

The reason I haven't been on as much is because I have been having a few issues with my Toshiba laptop. I recently bought a brand-new lithium ion Btexpert battery to replace the one that died, which means I had to wait a week for the shipment. Other time periods of me not being online was inherently from school work to get ahead on my course credits. With the computer, I still need to diagnose and uninstall a lot of malware/programs that have been in idle for awhile. I am currently logged into the BIOS safe mode on my account to try on relinquishing my Windows home user account (login failure) to become a standard user and then use a separate account as a supervisor. So any problems I have on my Windows home account that I encounter will then essentially become indirect, and if not, then I can backup/create another account and reinstall all of my downloaded programs.

(Still workin' on it)

Edit: Everything is fixed and working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.