TF2 map rotation !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
remove all maps from rotation.

leave only these 3: badwater, goldrush, hoodoo

everything else is a server killer, thats the reason its been so empty recently. the other custom maps can be triggered by an admin when the server is full.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1265588004=47]
remove all maps from rotation.

leave only these 3: badwater, goldrush, hoodoo

everything else is a server killer, thats the reason its been so empty recently. the other custom maps can be triggered by an admin when the server is full.

[/quote1265588004]

Ive noticed with few people, the other maps empty the server quite quickly. Badwater/goldrush help populate the server where as frontier and swiftwater - to a certain extent, do the exact opposite,

yeah man, im so raged with tf2 server. i fucking give up on it until these changes are made.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
badwater, goldrush, hoodoo are the only good maps for our server imo. Hoodoo is good but its not thaaaaaaaaaat good.

the best cycle would be:

badwater, goldrush, badwater, goldrush, hoodoo, repeat

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1265739519=TD|night blade]
Yup, customs worked for awile but now it's empty, go back to reg rotation please.
[/quote1265739519]

More like very few ppl make an attempt at getting the server started.

[quote1265761273=LoW BuDgEt]
Yup, customs worked for awile but now it's empty, go back to reg rotation please.
[/quote1265739519]

[/quote1265761273]
that too. but i hate it when i spend 1.5 hrs getting it to 12 ppl and 30min after i leave it goes on custom and kills it completely. keep the customs , well play them by admin vote.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1265762579=47]
[quote1265761273=LoW BuDgEt]
[/quote1265739519]

[/quote1265761273]
that too. but i hate it when i spend 1.5 hrs getting it to 12 ppl and 30min after i leave it goes on custom and kills it completely. keep the customs , well play them by admin vote.
[/quote1265762579]

I already found a fix for that problem. It's a plugin that make certain maps available ONLY when server is populated. When population is low, only popular maps are available. It just hasn't been implemented yet.

Bumping this instead of starting new thread, we gotta go back to regular PL rotation, or atleast a 75/25 PL/CP server, no CTF. We were rocking last night playing a PL map, maxing out the slots, then boom it dies when a CP/CTF map gets voted in.

Players like PL, the regulars we once had coming in night after night are no longer showing up, bring back PL!

bangbang

I'm New Here
yeah ... take out dustbowl and 2fort ... so many ragequitters :P

I think the rotation should be cp_gorge, pl_badwater, pl_goldrush, pl_hoodoo, cp_gravelpit and maybe pl_dustbowl_b4

Those maps seem to keep people in the server!!
but also keep it on a map vote basis :)

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
if it went to only Pl i myself wouldnt even play it as much as i do. only pl is way too repetitive and boring. like prop said, give it some time.

just cause the old pl regulars dont play as much does not mean we wont get need regulars.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Take out dustbowl instead of gorge, lol?

Edit: Im a fan of both but lets be serious here...

[quote1266817751=bangbang]
yeah ... take out dustbowl and 2fort ... so many ragequitters :P

I think the rotation should be cp_gorge, pl_badwater, pl_goldrush, pl_hoodoo, cp_gravelpit and maybe pl_dustbowl_b4

Those maps seem to keep people in the server!!
but also keep it on a map vote basis :)
[/quote1266817751]
yeah, im starting to realize that pl only is not the best idea. i kinda like the maps BB has suggested... minus dustbowl_b4

Status
Not open for further replies.