TF2 Craft Raffle Idea

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
How to win:

1. 10 open raffle slots. 1 reclaimed buy-in for each slot

2. Each slot represents one of the TF2 classes (pyro, scout...etc) with the 10th class being the "Multi-Class" option

3. A person entering the raffle trades the host, provides them with a reclaimed, and informs which class they want to represent. Multiple buy-ins for the same class are prohibited.

4. Once each slot/class i represented with a buy-in, the host takes that metal and crafts a hat/misc.

5. The winner of the raffle is the person that bought the slot that represents the class that the crafted hat is for.

EDIT: Since there are 10 slots being purchased, there is 1 reclaimed left. That reclaimed will go back to the winner of the raffle and cover their entrance fee. Essentially, they get the hat completely free.

Additional Rules:

1. The host may never enter his own raffle.

2. ALL debates of which hat a class belongs to is resolved by using the TF2 Wiki. "Multi Class" simply means more than one class can wear it.

3. Once a slot is purchased and the trade is closed, that slot is bound to the purchaser. You cannot switch spots mid raffle.

4. Weapons and items cannot be used to enter the raffle without the explicit agreement of the host. After all, the 1 rec fee is used to craft the winning hat.

5. If the host of the raffle makes a mistake, such as sells a class twice or forgets to sell a class before the hat is crafted, it is on the host to MAKE IT RIGHT. EX/ I forgot to sell heavy on one of the first raffles. Heavy was crafted. I re-entered everyone into the raffle with MY OWN METAL and sold heavy to someone that wanted it. I crafted a second hat and gave the winner BOTH HATS.

It's an easy, fast and fun raffle with little risk and decent reward. The host should not buy into the raffle unless absolutely necessary. It is preferred that the raffle take place on one of the DARKLY servers so everyone that entered the raffle can actually see the hat be crafted in trade chat. No opportunity for scamming.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there to get involved and get some buzz going outside of the key give away.

What do you think?

Discodude

TF2 Admin
Sounds like a nice idea for a raffle, I would be in, for Sniper, of course. :3

...Once I get a reclaimed. :P

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Just to let you know:

I was on Toronto #2 today and decide to see if there was interest. Sure enough, people gave it a shot. I did 5 raffles today and they loved it. Probably got about 10 friend requests or so. They wanted to add me so they could see when i was on a Darkly server doing the raffles.

It was a blast to host. One guy got a 3 ref craft for his 1 rec buy in. He was psyched.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Wow I'm impressed that people actually went along with it.
I get called a Scammer so many times if I try to do some kind of raffle -.-

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I think the thing that really sells them on it is that i don't get anything out of it. I'm just doing it for fun.

Edit: They also asked me if other DARKLY peeps will be doing it. I told them as of now it's just me. Feel free to try it anytime though :)

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Yeah I guess that could factor in.
Then again you could just collect the 9 reclaimed metal and run off like a douche with 3 refined for free.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I'm sure i'll catch flack from people when i am trying to initially get a raffle going. I expect it. Too many scammer pricks in this game. But, once it gets out a bit, that'll die down.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I like the idea - we should be doing similar things in-game more often. It gets people excited, makes the servers a lot more interesting, and really boosts Darkly's image.

Wow I'm impressed that people actually went along with it.
I get called a Scammer so many times if I try to do some kind of raffle -.-

I often see other frequent players trying to perform raffles or events with prizes - sometimes with success, other times with failure. You could create and/or modify a plugin that allows players to enter a simple "/raffle" command or something that would spit out the names of any online "trusted rafflers". Those names could be just stored in a server-side text file. It'd allow the well-known, respected players (and admins) to be able to actually host these events without issues. You could also just have their names listed on the Darkly Raffle Group page. It wouldn't be hard to pull off either, it's a repetitively simple plugin.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Well the idea for the Raffle Group was to have trusted rafflers as Mods if you remember.
Not a lot of people know about the group yet, so we haven't really had anyone coming forwards asking to be added as a trusted raffler other than Waffle.

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I had 2 admins give me the okay to give it a shot. I hope i didn't step on toes. In addition, Gatherix helped point out to me that my math was a little off. I tweaked the above rules a little. Again, i don't want to make profit out of this. It's for buzz/fun.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Why would there be 10 slots being purchased?
There are 9 classes, that's 9 buy-ins, which makes 3 refined...which is enough for a hat.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't realise you added an 'All Class' option.
:megaderp:

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Been testing and tweaking. Did about 10 raffles today. People seem to love it. I've updated the rules as i've experienced different things.

I'd like to continue holding them with permission.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Yeah sure, do what you like.
It's when we get reports that you've been running with the metal that we will start to have 'issues' ;)

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
Haha. You won't get those reports. Just trying to help get free publicity and improve our image even more. :bacon:

Multiple friend adds again today and quite a few people said they added the server to their favorites. In the short time i've been doing it, it seems to be working. To make the raffle slots and purchases easier to keep track of, i am going to create a simple spreadsheet to help. Just in case anyone else wants to hold the raffles too.

cj4981

DARKLY Regular
I like the idea a lot. Might try it out sometime, i bet people will start calling me a scammer :feelscry:

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Well the idea for the Raffle Group was to have trusted rafflers as Mods if you remember.
Not a lot of people know about the group yet, so we haven't really had anyone coming forwards asking to be added as a trusted raffler other than Waffle.

Right, but the problem is no one really knows about the group, and even if they did not only would they not want to go through the trouble of checking it but there wouldn't be an easy way for players to verify the listed account with the one on the server. =/

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
I ran quite a few Craft Raffles last night and they are still very popular. After some of the Craft Raffles, i would tell the people who entered the raffle that i was doing an additional random.org raffle for an item i was giving away. No buy in, nothing special. If you were in the Craft Raffle, you are automatically in this one. I assigned each person a number based on how i had them written down and used random.org to pick a number. They loved this as well. Doing this also helped make future Craft Raffles fill up quicker as people never knew when the bonus random.org raffles would occur.

I did this with a key, a hunger force, and some random hats/miscs. Again, there is no profit or anything made. It's just for fun and publicity.

People enjoyed both raffles so much that, last night, i had 3 people DONATE items to be raffled on random.org raffles after a Craft Raffle was completed. I didn't ask for donations as it was completely unprovoked. I made sure to announce who donated the additional random.org items and made sure everyone thanked the person who donated.

This seems to be a pretty big hit. I will keep tweaking to make sure bases are covered when certain situation arise. I also did make a simple little printable spreadsheet to help me keep things organized while doing the Craft Raffle's. Someone on the server aptly named them "Craffles."