DENIED TD| Membership Application: ShootToMaim™

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoottomaim

BANNED
Game Handle(s): ShootToMaim™
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44979521
Previous Clan/Community Affiliations: TF2Newbs, MCSG.
Real First Name: Jake
Favorite Games: TF2, Infestation: Survivor Stories, CS:GO, Minecraft.
Interests: Badminton, playing CS:GO, and just lurking around Java/Bukkit related things.
Why do you want to join Toronto Darkly?
I've been with TD long before CS:GO with TF2 as a trade admin, and I think I did my job well before hacking on Minecraft (don't deny me yet please, keep reading). I took my job as an admin seriously and to this day I still believe that I did my job to the best of my ability. Now I've fallen out of the TF2 loop after ragequitting over the price of keys inflating, and to this day I still regret hacking on Minecraft and losing your trust.
After being jailed, I talked to Zackychuu (the admin who caught me) and Low Budget and they decided to let me out on the condition that I helped out with the server, which I did for a long time before losing interest and bailing, before coming back last month. I'm still working to regain your trust and I doubt I ever will, but I truly hope I do meet your expectations in this application of becoming a full member in your community.
I mainly would like to join TD because of the people in it, as cheesy as it sounds. When I first was jailed there were a couple of TD members/admins who went out of their way to make trying to redeem myself a living hell, but they've backed off and now I can see that they actually care about DARKLY/TD and want to make it a better place, and to me I was a robber in a sense that I lost their trust and I had to regain it back, which I tried doing. Other players like Omission, BIOP, Delta, and so many others were still really friendly to me (perhaps because they stick to CS:GO, not Minecraft), but it'd be nice to be in a community with them.
Another reason is that TD mainly has old CS vets who know the game well enough to play competitively and win. Now for me, I don't win many matches because I choose to play with pub players and just have a good time, but sporting the TD| tag would be pretty cool when in-game. I grew up on CS through DARKLY and I hope that I can make it into TD.

YES/NO Questions:
Do you have a minimum of 6 months on the server with at least 200 hours of play? Been on the server since CS:GO launched (over a year) with ~607 hours of play :).
Are you active on the forums? Yep.
Do you have a mic? Yes.
Are you in good standing with the community?
This question made me hesitate... I'm actually not quite sure. I've hacked in the past on Minecraft (fly hacks) but I feel like I'm redeemed/ing myself by bringing up the server for a few months before losing interest, but I'm working on getting it started up again. Back to the question: You'll have to decide that for yourself...
Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes.
Thank you for your time and patience. - Maim.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
I didn't read that essay. +1 though, I thought you were already TD tbh.

shoottomaim

BANNED
?
I only bailed on MC, never bailed on the community or CS:GO.
i did bail like brades on tf2 tho ;3
and i don't really mind the -1's, just means i gotta work harder i guess..
but thanks for the input ice

Dr. Zoidberg

TD Admin
I don't like you. Should quote me to make fun of me before applying for TD. -1 bish, I hold grudges.

Also, I thought you were a girl.

Snap

DARKLY Regular
I agree with omission. Do it.
In addition Maim is active in game (CSGO) and on the forums. He brings some fun to the game and is proud of Darkly when he plays competitively against other Teams. (Observed from experience).
As Tom Skerritt said to Mavrick in Top Gun "I'd be your (Maims) wingman any time" Or was it " I'd be his back seat man any time" wait wait was it "I'd be his backdoor man any time". Well it was something to do with supporting his ass. Which I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.