TD Membership Application : Liqvid

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
Game Handle(s): Liqvid
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4168237
Previous Clan/Community Affiliations: Was in a clan in 1.4-1.6. Admin'ed the server. Was also in a CS:S clan where I also Admin'ed and was highly regarded by all other members and non-members on the popular clan server. For privacy reasons I'd rather not say what the clan tags were. Also, I've been around here for a while now. Find myself coming back to this place over and over.
Real First Name: Eva
Age: Some of you have guessed... wrongly. Correct answer is 26, but not for long.
Location: Richmond Hill up until a week ago. Now am in Seattle for work.
Favorite Games: CS obviously, Super Smash Bros. (All but Brawl. Project M Rocks), Worms Armageddon, F-Zero GX, TrackMania, Persona 4, Portal 1, Half-Life series, Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis), Sonic 3D Blast (It gets a bad rap. I loved it), etc...
Interests: Game Design/Development, Computer Simulations, Programming, Archery, Ballet, Mechanical Engineering, Science (in general), etc...
Why do you want to join Toronto Darkly? It's generally just a nice place to be. Nice people, nice players, nice servers, nice forum. And if my presence is welcome amongst your ranks then I will gladly accept.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 6 months on the server with at least 200 hours of play? Yes. Stats page currently says 152 hours but there have been many hundreds more in the past that have been lost from those stats over the years.
Are you active on the forums? Probably not as much as I ought to be for an application like this. One of the reasons I said that I probably don't really deserve acceptance. Buckshot disagreed.
Do you have a mic? Indeed.
Are you in good standing with the community? I assume so. I guess I'll find out in this thread.
Are you at least 18 years of age? Oh, to be young again I feel old =(

Just a side note. Some of you may have noticed my recent absence. This was due to my moving internationally to a new country and needing to get setup. I am currently waiting on parts to arrive to build my new PC. Right now I just have my ancient laptop that I brought with me. The reason why I put "Will Update" for my Steam ID is because right now I cannot even run Steam since.... good god Steam is available on Linux! I forgot.... well regardless this old thing can't run CS:S let alone CS:GO (used to be able to run CS:S before the engine got upgraded). Once my parts get here and I complete the build I'll get steam and stuff and be back to normal. No more < 10ms ping for me unfortunately =(

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Here is your ID: STEAM_0:1:4168237. It can be found on the Stats tab above.

I think you meant OJ instead of omission. I do agree with him though, you have a solid presence in-game and that's worth an application. I don't have any qualms or problem with you, so +1.

shoottomaim

BANNED
Holy shit... you're 26? I couldn't tell your age because you were super polite/formal, and I'm bad with voices. For instance, I thought Freak was 12.
HOW'S THE COFFEE IN SEATTLE? TRY THE SEA SALT FRIESSSSSSSSSSSS
+1

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
Here is your ID: STEAM_0:1:4168237. It can be found on the Stats tab above.

I think you meant OJ instead of omission. I do agree with him though, you have a solid presence in-game and that's worth an application. I don't have any qualms or problem with you, so +1.

Thanks, and you are correct. I fixed it.
I blame all mistakes on the crazy week I just had running all over the place getting everything I need to furnish my place in 3 days.

Locate☣

DARKLY Regular
WOOOOT! Some one else in darkly who lives in Washington! I have nothing else us full to contribute.... I'm a go... bye.

Thanatos

TD Member
WOOOOT! Someone else in Darkly who was moved from Toronto to the US for work! I have nothing else useful to contribute except an ability to spell properly. I'm a go... bye.

Genesis

TD Admin
Holy shit... you're 26? I couldn't tell your age because you were super polite/formal, and I'm bad with voices. For instance, I thought Freak was 12.
HOW'S THE COFFEE IN SEATTLE? TRY THE SEA SALT FRIESSSSSSSSSSSS
+1

me to maim I thought u were 2 :shrug:

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
WATS A LIQVID? +1

I....'m a Liqvid?
tumblr_lq993tvAgd1qduy16o1_400.gif

Jokes aside, if you are asking about the origin of the name then, well... It comes from a time when I was making my first online alias. 15 years ago, the world was a different place... and stuff. My BFF got me Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War for my birthday. I was garbage at it, but liked playing anyway. Anywho, at some point I wanted to play online with my friend and needed to make a battle.net account. After struggling with a name for much too long, I basically gave up and just put Liquid, knowing that it was a really cheesey, trying-to-be-cool-but-failing-due-to-lack-of-originality kind of name. I just wanted to play already! However, to my great surprise, when I typed it the result was "Liqid"... Little did I know, that a day or two earlier, my Father spilled some Coke (the drink, silly) on the keyboard. The end result (I tested) was that around 13 keys were no longer working. the "U" key was one of them... I wasn't going to let that stop me though, so I just put a "V" instead, since it looked similar. Later, I grew to like the name because, said out loud, it sounded way more original then "Liquid" did and because, as far as I could tell, I was the only person on the planet who used the name, which made me feel special. =D

Eventually, this website popped up and ruined my day, and since then many other people have used the alias on countless games. The uniqueness is gone now. I still use it out of habit and because I generally resist change and... frankly... don't know what else I'd call myself.

TL;DR 'V' looks like 'U' and I was not a creative person 15 years ago.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
I....'m a Liqvid?
tumblr_lq993tvAgd1qduy16o1_400.gif

Jokes aside, if you are asking about the origin of the name then, well... It comes from a time when I was making my first online alias. 15 years ago, the world was a different place... and stuff. My BFF got me Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War for my birthday. I was garbage at it, but liked playing anyway. Anywho, at some point I wanted to play online with my friend and needed to make a battle.net account. After struggling with a name for much too long, I basically gave up and just put Liquid, knowing that it was a really cheesey, trying-to-be-cool-but-failing-due-to-lack-of-originality kind of name. I just wanted to play already! However, to my great surprise, when I typed it the result was "Liqid"... Little did I know, that a day or two earlier, my Father spilled some Coke (the drink, silly) on the keyboard. The end result (I tested) was that around 13 keys were no longer working. the "U" key was one of them... I wasn't going to let that stop me though, so I just put a "V" instead, since it looked similar. Later, I grew to like the name because, said out loud, it sounded way more original then "Liquid" did and because, as far as I could tell, I was the only person on the planet who used the name, which made me feel special. =D

Eventually, this website popped up and ruined my day, and since then many other people have used the alias on countless games. The uniqueness is gone now. I still use it out of habit and because I generally resist change and... frankly... don't know what else I'd call myself.

TL;DR 'V' looks like 'U' and I was not a creative person 15 years ago.

You should post that here also :D http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/game-handles-whered-yours-come-from.12465/page-3#post-183599

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
Thought it was because you were a fan of MGS. 3-:

I don't get it.... you mean regarding Liquid Snake?
I didn't own a Playstation and had never heard of the game at that time. "Liquid" was just one of the crappy names I came up with while trying to find a "good" one.

What about you Snake?.... MGS reference? Your favorite reptile? Lore regarding snakes?

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
Well, my new computer is built and ready for action. I have started playing on the server again. Ping is awful now (80-120) which sucks since I'm used to the ~8 ping I had back home. Hopefully it doesn't cause anyone any problems.

Given the lack of activity on this thread I am going to assume that I have been passively rejected. Thanks for all who posted. No hard feelings about not making it in or anything. I'm not even sure I'm active enough really.

Anywho. See you in game.