NEWS TD is Dead, Long Live TD

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Toronto Darkly’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was dead, and then it wasn't. Only a few days after officially pulling the plug on our own server, the good dudes at Very Poor People (VPP) swooped in and delivered unto us a new server. Not so poor, are they?

The new TD server, if you were blasphemous enough to have removed it from your favorites, can be found at: 74.91.123.216:27015.

If you already had TD in your favourites it should automatically update to the new IP.

We’ve had decent luck at populating the server in the prime-time hours thanks to guys like .44 Caliber, Thanatos, Sushi Cutter, Happy Sticks, Yukidesu, Kato, BIOP, and a few others. Where we haven’t had luck is comfortably leaving the hell that is the ‘Dust2, Mirage, Cache’ triangle of AIDS.

If you’ve got some time to kill in the evening, and you see an invite from someone on your friends list, or an event invite from the Toronto Darkly or Darkly Gaming Network steam groups, please just give up on your life and help the server out.

tl;dr:
Server back, thanks VPP, thanks various TD members, play on server.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16,925

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
The server actually seems to be gaining some traction. I saw people in the server tonight that I hadn't seen in over a year.

I think we're probably going to have to tolerate playing on a very small selection of maps until the server gets a bit more popular, though. It really bothers me how averse many CS players are to new/different things. It's actually very fucking annoying.

Bare minimum would be all of the Active Duty maps. Some of the CS:S maps ported over to GO seem to not scare people away, though, like de_nightfever, for example.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
The map situation really does suck, but it's getting slightly better. Like you said de_nightfever seems to do ok now while in the beginning it was clearing server.