Tablets

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
(If you were looking for meds, sorry to disappoint.)

Anyone own a tablet? Are they any good? Which ones are the best on the market?

Thinking of picking one up for either myself or a Christmas present for one of my sisters...

Any input/thoughts appreciated.

(No apple products please)

Death

TD Admin
I would suggest the nexus 10. It was just released and it has had excellent reviews. Do a search SB and read the reviews.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
That new Tablet with the attachable Keyboard looks cool.
Kind of defeats the object of having a Tablet though..

Death

TD Admin
You can set your cell phone as a hotspot and link the tablet to the phones hotspot. I do this when I am somewhere were I have to wait ie oil change etc.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
I would suggest the nexus 10. It was just released and it has had excellent reviews. Do a search SB and read the reviews.

Yah i was reading about them all at work today. I find it better to get first hand experience than to read some review from a simpleton whos probably getting paid to be biased.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
You can set your cell phone as a hotspot and link the tablet to the phones hotspot. I do this when I am somewhere were I have to wait ie oil change etc.
I see. Shitty you cant use your existing data plan with it. At least you can hook up to wifi, right?

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
It's supposed to be very good; probably the best 7" Android tablet out. Good prices, too.

View attachment 201

No LTE though, if you're looking for data connectivity. Could always feed off your phone data through wifi if needed.

Review: http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/29/3125396/google-nexus-7-review

It's new big brother, the Nexus 10 review: http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/2/3589170/google-nexus-10-review

Off the site:

Network
Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+
GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
HSPA+ 21

Does this mean i can somehow use my mobile data plan or are they expecting people to sign up for a plan just for the tablet?

Any idea SJ?

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
You can only have 1 sim per account right? I cant get a second sim for the tablet thats linked to my rogers account with the cell plan/data plan right?
Haha, no. I don't think you can fool them by getting a second SIM. But, you can do what Death suggested. Use your phone as a wifi hotspot for the tablet.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Haha, no. I don't think you can fool them by getting a second SIM. But, you can do what Death suggested. Use your phone as a wifi hotspot for the tablet.
Yah i know about that.

Its pretty stupid if they expect you to get a separate data plan just for the tablet. fuck them.