Steam hold on skin buying and sales

Dissident

A Little Darkly
For all the people who doubted me when I said Steam now disallows people to buy or sell skins unless you legit purchase a game at least once a year. I bought a 25 cent game like a day or two ago and still have to wait a month until I can even sell my 5 cent cases or buy a new skin. This is new and was introduced in march.
counter gay.png

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
For all the people who doubted me when I said Steam now disallows people to buy or sell skins unless you legit purchase a game at least once a year. I bought a 25 cent game like a day or two ago and still have to wait a month until I can even sell my 5 cent cases or buy a new skin. This is new and was introduced in march.
View attachment 2320
So, uh.. I hate to burst your bubble, but Steam explains it really clearly. You have to have a purchase that's between 30 days - 1 year that has no chargebacks/disputes etc.

Steam has detected you've done a chargeback/created a dispute over a Steam product and has temporarily suspended your account. My best guess as to why Steam does this is so that you don't purchase a game just to get rare stickers/skins, dispute the game to try to return it, all the while attempting to sell said stickers/skins.

Makes sense to me...

Dissident

A Little Darkly
So, uh.. I hate to burst your bubble, but Steam explains it really clearly. You have to have a purchase that's between 30 days - 1 year that has no chargebacks/disputes etc.

Steam has detected you've done a chargeback/created a dispute over a Steam product and has temporarily suspended your account. My best guess as to why Steam does this is so that you don't purchase a game just to get rare stickers/skins, dispute the game to try to return it, all the while attempting to sell said stickers/skins.

Makes sense to me...

It's not that and i never had any charge backs or created any dispute or anything. My steam account has not been suspended ever. I was just pointing out that you have to buy something off the steam store at least once a year or else you can't buy or sell skins/cases/stickers as of this march. A lot of people the other night were telling me it was bullshit so i was just pointing it out.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
It's not that and i never had any charge backs or created any dispute or anything. My steam account has not been suspended ever. I was just pointing out that you have to buy something off the steam store at least once a year or else you can't buy or sell skins/cases/stickers as of this march. A lot of people the other night were telling me it was bullshit so i was just pointing it out.
Right, so you're wrong again. You don't have to buy a game every year. Read your own screenshot lol

I can sell and haven't bought shit in years.. Stop spreading nonsense, and wait until your dispute-ban is over.

Dissident

A Little Darkly
I was able to buy and sell for years. It was completely locked a couple of days ago and I hadn't used my steam account in like a year. After I bought a 25 cent game on the steam store it immediately started a month long countdown until i could buy and sell skins again. Plus I've never had a dispute with steam, the only steam game i own is CS. Never reversed anything or had any issue before. Plus my screenshot plainly says "You must have a steam purchase between 30 days and a year old with no recent chargebacks or disputes" meaning that you must have a steam purchase between 30 days and a year old. Hence why the countdown started as soon as I made a steam purchase. I don't see whats so hard to get about it? I was locked out of buying and selling skins because I didn't buy anything off steam in over a year. Their support page says this was introduced in March.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ah, so you haven't used steam in forever; that's gotta be the difference. I'm sure if you at least log into steam every now and then you'd be fine. It probably marked you as "inactive" and now that you're back online it gives it 30 days to make sure it's not fraudulent, or some hacked account after having been lost/forgotten.

Dissident

A Little Darkly
probably that, i mean i just use steam to play on darkly cs:go and i've also moved a bunch of times so my IP has changed a lot, still i wish i could sell my cases lol. i got 15 bucks from sold cases and while i don't put my own money into skins its nice to trade around now and then. Haven't seen you in the pub in a while you should come back!