• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

ACCEPTED Staff Application DarkPaladinPrime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Handle(s): DarkPaladinPrime
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45470623
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: None
Real First Name: Spencer

Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2

Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: Well for the past three and half years I have spent on these servers I have always enjoyed the wonderful environment. I would like to be staff member to help out in a more direct fashion dealing with asshats/cheaters etc, but I would also love to host some different types of server games with all of the new bells and whistles that have been added recently. I will not lie, I have wanted to be a part of the staff for a long time and I have made a fair share of mistakes over the years in my attempts to become staff. I know that some of you did not like what I did/said before and I do not blame those that might still hold ill will against me. I am applying again in the hope that some of you might have changed your mind about me and maybe would like to give me another shot. I look forward to everyone's feedback and thank you for your consideration.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Are you in good standing with the community? Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes

Last edited:

Otis ツ

A Little Darkly
1+ rep for you DarkPaladinPrime, i hope you get to become admin, your a very nice guy and a friend. i like how you donate and run your own spycrab games.

Good Luck with your app bud :thumbsup:

Keskele

Senior TF2 Staff
I assure you when I say this I am not joking or playing any games, do not ever apply for Darkly Staff again.

Ok Prime...You've been around long enough to know how this process is gonna go. First off, give me a reason to ignore Thanatos last post in your last app. Second, you also know we'll be watching. Have no doubt my friend that your ass will be under a microscope. Short and sweet, prove to us you deserve a spot here.

Good luck

First: I both personally apologized to Thanatos and publicly apologized to the darkly staff/community shortly after the incident occurred. Here's the private message I sent to him on the forums.
BoWXk3D.png

Not long after I added him to see if he had anything to say about my message. I also asked him if there is anything I could to make amends for having directly insulted his authority. His reply was he did not have anything else to say on the matter at the moment but he would think about it.
Thanatos never replied with anything else to say. He has actually not spoken to me directly about the matter since February of last year. He also, not long after, unfriended me on Steam leaving me to assume he did not want to talk about it with me at all. Thanatos if you still hold ill-will against me almost a year later I don't blame you and if you have anything to say now please do I would like to read it.
In regards to reason to ignore it: If you think that I should not apply to staff ever again then voice your concerns. I would like to know if you have any problems with me.

Second: I can't prove that I deserve a spot here you and the rest staff decide whether or not I should have a shot at it. What I can prove is that I care, not only about the servers, but the people I talk to in them. Three and half years of trading, making friends, and having fun. These servers are special to me because of the people I have met here and you were one of them Keskele. You used to be always on the servers way back when and every single time I came on you always said hello, you always asked how I was doing. Every. Time. That's one of the many things I have always enjoyed and appreciated about Darkly. That's why I supported you on your application. It's why I have stayed here for so long, it's why I kept playing Team Fortress 2, it's why I like to donate every once in awhile, it's why I like to host server games today. Because you guys have shown so much caring about the servers and the people in them. You all have made the servers special, that is why I care and that is why I continue to care because the servers are just as fun and enjoyable as they were when I first joined and the people I still see and the new ones I get to meet are always there to say hello, how's it going. That's why I care.

Thanatos

TD Member
As a point of reference, I don't keep any non-Staff on my friend list. Unfriending you was nothing personal and had nothing to do with any incident that occurred.

As for my statement on your last application, that was not solely from me, but a message from Staff as a whole. Since I wasn't around much this summer to see if you've changed drastically enough to warrant allowing a new application I will hold off on anything further for now save for this...

In the last month that I've been more active I have seen you run games and give away items free from your own pocket. I assume you've been doing this for a while which is a good gesture and it's wonderful to see our community paying it forward by hosting their own games. But, what I saw happen during the game that I absolutely do not like and vehemently disagree with, is cancelling the game in the middle of doing it. Finishing it and then not doing any more is one thing, but to cancel mid-game and deny a promised giveaway for the people who were left and still abiding by the rules is not only childish, but tantamount to trolling. Worse so given that when I saw you do this, both Tank and I were trying to deal with the people interfering to help you out. This is not the kind of behaviour that I would expect of prospective Staff, and any current Staff caught doing the same would be having a discussion on.

PointsofAuthority

DARKLY Regular
+1 pretty well known guy, ive heard of the issues that were in the past, but that was the past. Paladin is a pretty cool dude when you get to know and talk to him 1 on 1, unforunately i didnt get to ask the questions i wanted to ask before we were rudely interrupted by a hoard of scrubs in discord. Anyway hes pretty loyal, which is very rare these days, i think he would be a pretty good addition.

Keskele

Senior TF2 Staff
So paladin, I heard there was some heated discussions during an event you held today. Care to comment on what happened?

So paladin, I heard there was some heated discussions during an event you held today. Care to comment on what happened?
Well lets see I felt like a hosting game on 2 for the first time in awhile so I thought hey why not it will be fun. Tank put up some props which was appreciated but I felt like doing it the old fashioned way with people just against the back wall. A more than normal amount of asshatery occurred during the first and only game and quite naturally myself and the staff on the server were annoyed. My game was continuously interrupted and I found it difficult to maintain a mic presence big enough to host the game. Towards the end there was one fellow would not shutup so I said "for fucks sake" and "shutup" to said person in a loud/annoyed tone. After that all was quiet because Tank had done muteall saying "he was tired of everyone talking over each other on the mic" so the games were over at that point. Seeing as how I could no longer be heard I stated in chat that I would be by hosting games on server 1 if anyone wanted to join seeing as that it's needed to have the other servers populated I thought it might be a good idea, but only one or two people joined and that's not really enough to a mass spycrab of my liking.

For the past few months I have been busy with a nice new job. I still like to come on Darkly when I have the time to do so. Over this summer my application has a had a fair share of comments and criticisms. It has been up for nearly 8 months now and has been my fifth attempt at joining staff. In the 4 years I have been active I have noticed a pattern with myself. The second I have shown any sign of negative emotion; anger, irritation, frustration, annoyance etc, I get judged rather quickly and feel cornered by it. All is fair and that sense since everyone is free to do so, especially when this behavior is supposed to be judged. Seeing as I was applying for staff it’s expected but that is not what I wanted to talk about.

My application has been sitting for a long time like my other ones before it. I understand that these things take time and obviously you guys want to make sure I am a good fit for the shoes. Every time I have applied somewhere along the process I fuck up. I say something I shouldn't have or did something wrong. One app was denied after 5 months of waiting because some people didn't trust me enough on a professional level. What I think the problem is not only my short fuse gets the better of me somedays, but the fact is the ones who don't trust me or don’t like me have not once, NOT ONCE, made any effort(besides telling me what I did wrong) to talk to me. Talk as in get to know me a little, play pubs, mvm, or hell any game with me. That is how trust is built I’d like to believe at least. I am not pointing fingers, I’m not saying names. When I applied each time I had hopes to get to know the ones who choose whether or not I can be a bigger part at Darkly. There are some who did and some who didn’t. I understand that sometimes I just have to be watched but that doesn't mean it always has to be the case. If you want to get to actually know me you kind of have to talk to me.

I have tried pretty hard to improve myself this year and I want to keep doing so. The next way I can think of is can I ask the naysayers if they would would like to actually get to know me.

Sir X:

TF2 Staff | UberLag
+1, Good understanding of rules, good member of the community, and(though I haven't played MvM with the guy in a LONG time), good MvM Guru as his tag says.

Status
Not open for further replies.