someone good with comps?

Pyroette

TD Admin
So something is wrong with my css.
it lets me join but after not even a round it will say auto disconnect in 24.00 and starts counting down and then it kicks me. Then it says Steam validation id rejected. Then it wont let me join the server again.

does anyone know how to fix this?

ive tried the simple stuff like quiting and rejoining
quitting and restarting steam and rejoining and restarting and rejoining.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Go to your "C:\Program Files\Steam" directory then delete the file called "ClientRegistry.blob". Quit Steam, restart it.

That usually fixes that problem.

Pyroette

TD Admin
òkay i tried that and then my steam updated and i joined and it worked for one map and then the map changed and same thing kicked and steam validation rejected and in the console it says
ConVarRef sb_dontshow_maxplayer_warning doesn't point to an existing ConVar

DrUgZ

TD Admin
hmm that sucks carly. maybe try verifying the cache files, sometimes they can get corrupted. Open steam, right-click on counter-strike and hit properties, then click on "local files" and hit the button that says to verify the files. not a sure thing but it may help.

Pyroette

TD Admin
okay thanks for your help guys

i tried what u said drugs it keeps saying close all steam tools or programs. but nothing is open. i even went into task manager and checked and nothing was running.
same thing tho

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
maybe you have something running, like peerguardian (which i run on my mac), blocking communication to steam? idk :S

auron

TD Admin
A clean install of CSS is never a bad idea. You may want to try actually signing out of steam and re-entering password (that is, if your steam automatically logs in). It sounds like you have some kind of validation issue. It's not a crash or anything, it's a clean shutdown with a warning. Either you have an authentication issue or it's not liking something about your setup. Maybe a corrupt config file or something. My guesses.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Relating to your console sb_maxplayer yadda yada. If you want, save that config on your desktop, then delete it from the css folder. Once the game doesn't find a config, it'll auto generate a generic one. Once you play a game, you'll have te new config. Then just re-enter shit you saved, like crosshair shit, sensitivity, etc.

Worth a shot, worked for me a few months ago, similar issue I think...