[Solved] Netbook Memory

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
So I have a freebee netbook w/ atom 1.6ghz cpu

It has a 1gb pc3-10600S memory chip in it, I have a 2GB pc3-8500S dimm laying around.

slower transfer rate for higher capacity, or keep the faster but smaller dimm? Or smash with a hammer since its Intel Atom crap?

Might set up this little faggot as a NAS

amanshotme

TD Member
Yeah cap before speed, unless you're running applications which require the later. Run as NAS? I recommend smashing it for luls

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I used to have an Acer netbook with similar cpu.

Upgraded to 2GB ram and replaced the shit edition of windows 7 with Xubuntu. When from shit to :notbad:, for what it was.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
I recommend just installing Linux mint mate edition forget wasting money on any upgrades and just use that thing as a bathroom PC

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I used to have an Acer netbook with similar cpu.

Upgraded to 2GB ram and replaced the shit edition of windows 7 with Xubuntu. When from shit to :notbad:, for what it was.

will I be able to find gay broadcomm drivers for linux and this crap pile?

BCM94313HMG2 593836-001 hp spare number

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
im not sure u would have to test it does the netbook have an ethernet port? worst case scenario the wireless card doesent work and you would need to get the driver via the software update... i think there is a better then 50% chance linux mint will make everything work right from a fresh install

this what you want....

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

amanshotme

TD Member
Agreed, try the live USB before installing. Even better, try it while on the crapper to get the full user experience!