[Solved] Headset Issues

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So for my graduation, I got the Logitech G930 Wireless headset and when it works, it works beautifully. But I keep having instances where I'll get stuttering and crackling across all videos on all browsers. It's like a hitch in the audio every second. Works fine in gaming, but I watch a lot of videos and the stuttering really sucks. One key thing to note is that a video may be fine, but if I pause it at all, the stuttering comes back.

I've ruled out a sound card issue because I tried a different headset and it worked fine. Unfortunately, that headset has been packed up and hauled to the storage unit for the move.

Anyone have any experience with this headset and have an idea what to try?

EDIT: The test audio file for the Logitech Software was crackling too, so it may not be just videos.

Last edited:

Thanatos

TD Member
I've had two of these headsets, the only time I had any sound problems were when my kids broke my first pair and any crackling I had was because of a loose wire. If they've been dropped or knocked around you might be SOL as the only downside I've found to the G930 is it's somewhat flimsy.

The USB headset is software based which puts the sound load on your CPU and it isn't using your computer's sound card at all so I wouldn't make any changes there. Is your CPU maxing out while you're watching videos?

Are you running Logitech Gaming Software? If so are you on the latest version? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Logitech Gaming Software? Also try plugging the USB receiver into a USB port you've never used it in before, doing so will install the drivers again (and you'll get a message saying G930 (2) installed or something like that.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I can only speculate. To be clear, I don't own that set nor have I before.

With wireless, it could be a number of issues. I would look into:

1. Device manager, ensure nothing is missing on any usb entries
2. Latest drivers for headset
3. Ensure no power management features are on for USB, namely: "suspend usb" something something
4. Change the USB port that the receiver is plugged into; make sure it's a USB 2.0 port. If USB 3.0 port, make sure the receiver supports it
5. Do not plug the receiver into a USB port from a non-powered hub - plug directly to motherboard USB port.
6. If your computer has Realtek audio drivers installed, try removing them leaving windows audio drivers to handle shit.
7. Are they wireless, or Bluetooth? If wireless, make sure you're not too close to router, cordless phone or Xbox as they all use 2.4ghz and can introduce a fuckload of interference, hence crackling - which is really mini disconnects and reconnects.

I'll try to think of more.

Thanatos

TD Member
4. Change the USB port that the receiver is plugged into; make sure it's a USB 2.0 port. If USB 3.0 port, make sure the receiver supports itIt supports USB 3.0 that's what I have mine plugged into
7. Are they wireless, or Bluetooth? If wireless, make sure you're not too close to router, cordless phone or Xbox as they all use 2.4ghz and can introduce a fuckload of interference, hence crackling - which is really mini disconnects and reconnects.It's wireless on 2.4ghz it's possible he's getting interference, but I've owned these for 3 years and any time I encountered interference there was no crackling, but it disconnects and there's an audible beep when it disconnects.