• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Shooting Fork...

Should I accidentally discharge my gun at Fork this Sat?

• If "gun" is a euphamism, then yes.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • You shouldn't...but accidents *do* happen.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No. FF is on and you should respect that.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Narf!

TD Admin
Fork is tagging along for some airsoft this weekend. There will be multiple games, throughout the night and I'll have my GoPro rolling (hopefully) for most of the night. Who wants to see Fork get shot!? :D

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
If there is gonna be some kind of recording then sure! :p

EDIT
Assuming of course you aren't going to kill him...

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
untitled.bmp

Fork Included

TD Admin
Brades thinks he is hot shit cuz he has a 12 gauge in his shed that's never been fired. I bet you got a case of shells in their original packaging that you dust off every other day to increase the collector's value.

fucking assdick

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Ok, explain this to me, how do you know when you hit somebody with airsoft?

They are not like traditionally paintballs, correct?

Serious question though guise

Narf!

TD Admin
Ok, explain this to me, how do you know when you hit somebody with airsoft?

They are not like traditionally paintballs, correct?

Serious question though guise
Shit hurts, so you can't really hide it when you get hit. You also know when you've hit the other person usually.

Everything is honor system. You call your own outs; hands up & walk off the field of play. This doesn't mean that there aren't cheaters in the game that try to Juggernaut everything. They'll get warned and shunned by the community. Also, you'll get shot on full auto -- something we don't do in CQB (close quarter battles) -- until you learn to call your hits the first time.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Hmm, crazy, so I've paintballed before, more significant amount of pain?

I did a quick lookup on wiki regarding head protection, how do you keep these little bullets from entering other orficus, such as ears and mouth and stuff?

Fork Included

TD Admin
Hmm, crazy, so I've paintballed before, more significant amount of pain?

I did a quick lookup on wiki regarding head protection, how do you keep these little bullets from entering other orficus, such as ears and mouth and stuff?

yeah, i wanted to know this to. Do people generally aim for body shots as a courtesy?

Narf!

TD Admin
Yes. Body shots as a courtesy, although headshots do happen from time to time so don't think you can bob up and down like it's wack-a-mole because you *will* get shot. Ballistic rated googles are a must and outside of that you can wear whatever you desire. Play in shorts for all they care -- it's your body.

Generally speaking, most people will be wearing goggles, camo/dark colored clothing, tactical vest (to look the part, to carry magazines and for some added protection) and a cap/boonie hat/helmet. For indoor/CQB games, you'll also see a lot of people wear metal mesh lower face masks because the last thing you want is to turn a corner and shoot someone (or get shot) and chip a tooth (it's happened before). Some will wear a shemagh for face protection instead. I have one too, but it's to protect my neck/throat. Also gloves are recommended because getting shot in the finger/knuckle around a corner hurts like a bitch.

@ Leroy: it hurts differently than paintballs. Paintballs compress and explode with paint so you're left mostly with bruises if anything. BB's on the other hand, don't compress but have a smaller contact area so they're more like stings. You'll get welts and bleeders mostly.

I'm not sure what a paintball can do to a full can of coke, but I can shoot thru it with my gun and it's only at 320fps (limit for CQB is 350) :o

EDIT: as for ear protection, the straps from the goggles/facemask usually covers up the ear quite well, but it's never been a problem thus far...