• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

setting up a TF2 game over LAN

Fork Included

TD Admin
so because a few people can't take an asswhoopin or two, i'm banned from the TF2 section

i would appreciate if someone confirmed what it is that is required to host a TF2 game over a LAN without access to internet.

from what i understand

1. everyone needs to go into offline mode
2. the person creating the game needs to enter some extra codes in console to reflect the above
3. ????
4. profit!

likewise, to maximize efficiency, how difficult would it be to setup an independent server on one of the computers (we have one). I looked here
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Windows_dedicated_server

but it seems annoying O___o

please and thank you.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
**All of the following operations are to be done on the computer used as the server**
  • You will require an internet connection at least for the initial setup, and every once in a while where an update is required
  • I'd advise you of keeping the server up to date, as every gamer's client should be up to date; this will ensure you're all playing the same versions and will minimize/eliminate the risk of running into players not being able to play because of incompatible versions (we all know how quickly an update can TD's servers and not allow people to play)

1) Download steamcmd.zip
2) Create a file called tf2_ds.txt in the folder where you install the tool, i.e. 'c:\hlserver'
3) Edit tf2_ds.txt with the following:
Code:
@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1
@NoPromptForPassword 1
login anonymous
force_install_dir c:\hlserver\tf2
app_update 232250
quit
4) Create a file called update.bat in the folder where you installed the tool, i.e. 'c:\hlserver'
5) Edit update.bat with the following:
Code:
steamcmd +runscript tf2_ds.txt
pause
Run the update.bat to start the download, may take several hours as dedicated server content is currently 4.4GB
You may need to run the file *multiple* times until the message "Success! App '232250' fully installed." displays.
6) Create a file called server.cfg in 'C:\hlserver\tf2\tf\cfg
7) Edit server.cfg with the following:
Code:
hostname "Your_Servers_Name"//The Name of your Server that players will see
sv_password ""//Leave empty if you do not want a password
rcon_password "Your_Rcon_Password"//Password to enable rcon access from the console
mp_timelimit 30 //Round Timelimit
mp_maxrounds 10//Maximum Rounds Playable before map change
sv_allowupload 1// Allow clients to upload customization files (Optional Line, Used for Sprays)
sv_allowdownload 1// Allow clients to download files (Optional Line, Used for Sprays)
net_maxfilesize 15// Maximum allowed file size for uploading in MB (Optional)
  • More console variables (CONVARS) available here if you'd like to add shit/remove shit from your gameplay.
6) Create the files motd.txt and mapcycle.txtin 'C:\hlserver\tf2\tf\cfg'
  • mapcycle.txt is where you will store names of maps that will cycle in your server
  • It should be populated with the default maplist
7) Create a file called pure_server_whitelist.txtin 'C:\hlserver\tf2\tf\cfg
  • leave this file empty; it is for anti-cheat, of which you will use none, you're on a LAN
  • In server.cfg, make sure sv_pure 0 is on; this will ignore pure_server_whitelist.txt
8) Create a file in 'C:\hlserver\' called tf.bat
9) Edit tf.bat with the following
Code:
tf2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 24
This is the file you execute to run the server

You got banned from the tf2 section for giving people a ass whooping. What did you say to them that got you banned? And to answer your other question I have no clue but buckshot here sure does.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
You got banned from the tf2 section for giving people a ass whooping. What did you say to them that got you banned? And to answer your other question I have no clue but buckshot here sure does.

We didn't get banned, we asked not to see it. We got tired of seeing pony faggots everywhere. There are some great people from TF2 that have come to TD... unfortunately, that's been supplemented by people from the other end of the spectrum :donotwant:

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Forks one of them now. Oh god. :ohgod:

We didn't get banned, we asked not to see it. We got tired of seeing pony faggots everywhere. There are some great people from TF2 that have come to TD... unfortunately, that's been supplemented by people from the other end of the spectrum :donotwant:

and yet somehow with 20 TF2 forums sections blocked we still see TF2 threads weekly.

we should lynch the fag who's idea it was to launch TF2 trade servers