Servers crashing

kath

Spycrab Queen
just crashed again just now but there was one crash before about 30 to 40 minutes ago

server #2

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
Wasn't fast enough to catch it as soon as it hit and I don't know if it'll show anything important. That red "Model 'Null' etc" text has always been in my console I'm sure at least, probably something to do with my tf2 settings? fuck knows, anyway.

From the players I counted in the vid, including myself there's like 11-12 or so people on blue alone, so I think it's safe to say there was at least 19-20+ ish people. Toronto #2 is quite popular as well and it usually fills up pretty fast but I'll try get more accurate numbers if it happens again when i'm next on.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
I haven't noticed any of the servers crash today which is good.
I can't speak on everyone else's behalf though.
They seemed to all be full for the most part as well.
Still getting the errors too so that defiantly can be eliminated from the list.

Pumpkin

I'm New Here
yo happystix waddup I was on Darkly trade 1 about 2 hours ago and the server restarted (like normal) but about 5 minutes later it restarted again and it continued to do so about 8 times just wanted to let u know that #1 seems a bit unstable

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
yo happystix waddup I was on Darkly trade 1 about 2 hours ago and the server restarted (like normal) but about 5 minutes later it restarted again and it continued to do so about 8 times just wanted to let u know that #1 seems a bit unstable

Are you certain? I was on #1 during that time and experienced no such restart.

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
Just got off #2 after being there for quite a while today. There was roughly about 7 crashes during my time there.

I don't have a time for the first one, but there was 30 people on at the time.

The second crash happened at 6:17am GMT and there was 20 players.

3rd was at 6:32am GMT - 20 players.

4th was at 8:00am GMT - 16 players.

5th was at 8:53am GMT - 14 players.

6th was at 9:06am GMT - 13 players.

And the 7th was at 9:23am GMT (7 minutes ago) with only 3 players online.

EDIT: Crashed twice when I went back on, once at 12:08pm GMT (18 players) then again at 12:27pm (12 players). Has been fine since then though.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Just got off #2 after being there for quite a while today. There was roughly about 7 crashes during my time there.

I don't have a time for the first one, but there was 30 people on at the time.

The second crash happened at 6:17am GMT and there was 20 players.

3rd was at 6:32am GMT - 20 players.

4th was at 8:00am GMT - 16 players.

5th was at 8:53am GMT - 14 players.

6th was at 9:06am GMT - 13 players.

And the 7th was at 9:23am GMT (7 minutes ago) with only 3 players online.

EDIT: Crashed twice when I went back on, once at 12:08pm GMT (18 players) then again at 12:27pm (12 players). Has been fine since then though.

Thanks for the info, Kharn.

I've made some edits, patched some things. Increased logging should also help for future diagnostics. Let me know if anything has changed (and if so, what). Be aware that it's still quite possible the crashes are due to attacks/exploits, especially since only certain servers seem to be affected.

Keep me updated.

The problem could be a plugin you have on the server. Sometimes when a new update comes along it can sometimes have a tendency to conflict with the plugin. This could be the problem but I am not a hundred percent sure. Hope the issue is resolved.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
9:46 am EST: #2 Crashed
image.jpg

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
#2 just crashed. 5:42pm MST
Possibly related, but Steam went down within a few minutes of the server crashing.
Pcu8BBP.jpg