Scrim server??

Roach

TD Admin
So i was wondering, does anyone use the gungame server???
was wondering if we could convert it to a scrim server, cause i tihnk we need one.
Theres enough players that want to scrim on daily, and the matchmaking system makes me rage cause near the top ranks all you get is esea assholes and blatant cheaters.

we used to scrim on codzillas server but hes gone awol.

Its just an idea, anyone that enjoys scrimming should post in here aswell. been missing those 10 mans, most fun you can have in cs in my opinion.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
We don't need to convert any servers into scrim servers because our box can handle additional game servers. The reason we currently don't have a scrim server is because when we did have them, you guys chose to play elsewhere. So we closed them all down as they were not being used.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
We played elsewhere once the DARKLY ones became unavailable or because the other servers had better map options.

radik

TD Member
+1
I would scrim if we had a server. I like 10 man when the 32 makes me rage, and I'm not a fan of the matchmaking.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
So why didn't you work on it again? The other servers got tuned by someone, right? Do the same.

:feelscry: This is why we can't have nice things.

iCe

TD Admin
So why didn't you work on it again? The other servers got tuned by someone, right? Do the same.

:feelscry: This is why we can't have nice things.

What are you talking about, I had access to only the scrim servers. When we changed boxes there was no scrim server to work on.... FIGGIT.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
If there was interest I think there would have been a server. Doesn't cost anything extra.

For CS:GO, is scrimming even worth it, Roach? And how does this match-making shit work?

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Can we have one back again? :waiting: if the server can handle and it's idle 90% of the time shouldn't be too big of a deal?

There was just no motivation to set it up when there are better one's available, then like iCe said, server changed.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Even after box changes there were two scrim servers that sat empty for months:
Scrim servers will be changing IPs soon. New IPs will be:
DARKLY Chicago CS:S Private #1 | gameME | srctv
173.234.33.92:27015
DARKLY Chicago CS:S Private #2 | gameME | srctv
173.234.62.162:27015

Anyway, we can look into a CS:GO, I guess. Someone would have to set that up properly (cfgs, etc...)

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
You get 5 people together and then you play on a valve server vs random 5 people.
It's totally Useless for an in-house as you can't join with 10 people and go 5v5.
That sounds shitty. What's to stop randoms from bailing mid-scrim? Fucking Valve.

Roach

TD Admin
ive played over 90 matchmaking games and its pretty good, but yeah the past 4 of them had blatant hackers. luckily the one kid couldnt shoot worth a damn even though he had walls and nosmoke, still beat his ass 16-14 2 games in a row... however once in a while I get matched with the same damn racist pos blatant speedhacker with aimbot and i just insta quit, and get timed out for 1/2 hour. but id rather chill for 1/2 hour than rage for a full one so bleh, i think eventually the timeout period gets extended based on how many games you ditch tho. and yeah bots....luckily if you die and theres a bot on your team you can take control of it, but that doesnt help when the bot has bomb and just rushes in with his back turned to the enemy. seriously the bots in this game are so fucking retarded..

as for the cfgs, im totally clueless as to what goes into configuring a scrim server, but if we had a scrim server to play with I for one would take the time to learn, but im sure theres others that know wtf is going on and could figure it out.

10 mans are fun as hell, and i miss them.if its nbd, next time someone is updating the box, im sure theres more then a few people that would appreciate a scrim server.

also if someone could give me a quick crash course on how to run the server that would be cool.:flerp:

SadOnion

I'm New Here
hella down for a 10 man server, the maps just feel right when its played in a 5-7 man team environment. 32 man servers can be fun, but they're clusters. I'd play on it, seeing as i get myself timed out from Matchmaking all the time :D

kts

TD Admin
LETS DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I MISS TENMANS ):

and yea the past like 10 mm's ive done been matched with BLATANT,I DONT MEAN OMG DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? MORE LIKE LOL. SPAMMING THROUGH WALL LOL SPEED HACKING CHEATERS and have been rematched with the same people. MMs have been taken over by losers with cheats ):

SO A SERVER TO DO OUR OWN LITTLE INHOUSE SCRIMS WOULD BE COOL. AND SHIT. AND ICE CAN RAGE BAN!!! WOO LOL