Renault ships a brickable car with battery DRM that you're not allowed to own

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Interesting... with the new TPP agreement taking shape in the next month.
Article
IT will be illegal to circumvent DRM built into these cars... wonder if the Big3 are thinking long term strategy as well with hybrids/electrics.
Fuck this world!!!!!:feelscry:

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Who cares, who the fuck buys hybrid cars anyway? lol
I can agree with the Hybrid statement but Electric cars are more popular than you might think.
More than 40,000 electric cars bought in US alone in 1st half of 2013 - that is only going to increase as more charging stations are built and prices come in line with cars that use gasoline.
Article

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I can agree with the Hybrid statement but Electric cars are more popular than you might think.
More than 40,000 electric cars bought in US alone in 1st half of 2013 - that is only going to increase as more charging stations are built and prices come in line with cars that use gasoline.
Article
And they're all suckers. Even without DRM, electric cars carry a minimum $15K premium, and guess what, when you go to scrap your car, you have to pay another $xxx (a lot, basically) to environmentally dispose of the batteries. Even before you scrap the car, you'll probably need to change your batteries - at another $10K+.

I'm sorry, but that's an obvious scam. There's a reason why the Toyota EV-1 was scrapped, and the US Government repossessed all models on the road - even Tom Hanks' very public appeal to have his back. They were all crushed and scrapped. This is because they properly designed an electric car without all of the money-making bullshit that's been woven into the government/oil industry-approved design of today.

Like I said - suckers.

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Early adopters always have to pay more to pave the way for the rest of us, doesn't matter which technology the principle is the same.
with OIL being a limited resource, at max 50 years of it left [the way china is gobbling up the tar sands production we'll be buying our own oil back from them..lol]
The point i'm trying to make is We are being pushed to buy these EV's [GM volt, nissan leaft, tesla's whole line of cars] with tax incentives/etc which is great but at the same time the rules are being written to keep consumer a slave to the corporations.. DRM technology built into these cars will make it illegal to modify/circumvent these protections and doing so can void warranties or even end up paying fines/jail time.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
at max 50 years of it left
This is the #1 reason why people like Al Gore have made an absolute killing off of the world. No one really knows how much we have left, and there's vast deposits that have yet been tapped, let alone discovered. I'm not a proponent of burning up the Earth, and I'm not opposed of change and being more efficient. I'm against leveraging that sheer guess to price shit so fuckin high that the Bush family and Exxon are so dirty rich while everyone else struggles to pay for either gas to get to work or baby food to feed their kid.

I'm sure glad there's people like you, paying more than I have to to 'pave the way'. Pave all you want, I'll take full advantage lol

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
And they're all suckers. Even without DRM, electric cars carry a minimum $15K premium, and guess what, when you go to scrap your car, you have to pay another $xxx (a lot, basically) to environmentally dispose of the batteries. Even before you scrap the car, you'll probably need to change your batteries - at another $10K+.

Both Toyota and Tesla have direct recycle programs, that don't cost Thousands. In fact, both companies can reuse some of the Li-On cells, so it's cheaper for everyone.

I'm sorry, but that's an obvious scam. There's a reason why the Toyota EV-1 was scrapped, and the US Government repossessed all models on the road - even Tom Hanks' very public appeal to have his back. They were all crushed and scrapped. This is because they properly designed an electric car without all of the money-making bullshit that's been woven into the government/oil industry-approved design of today.

Like I said - suckers.

Well yea Big oil smashed the Saturn EV-1 but why is it a scam?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Both Toyota and Tesla have direct recycle programs, that don't cost Thousands. In fact, both companies can reuse some of the Li-On cells, so it's cheaper for everyone.

Well yea Big oil smashed the Saturn EV-1 but why is it a scam?
Well, I think it is anyway, because with a full Electric vehicle like the Toyota EV-1, no maintainence was required except the wiper blades. None of these exponential costs, it had a lot of range, etc. etc. Now, the 'best' they can do is terrible compared to the EV-1. They've dumbed it down and have led people to believe that this is what 'next-gen' R&D has produced. And hybrids, oh God, don't get me started on that bullshit...

Referring to my question on Glen Beck
That position is solely for iCe
Aw, Christ, this can't be good :feelsbad: lol