Remove/add maps.

amanshotme

TD Member
I second Blackgold. Probably the best map out of the new operation. LOL @ Insertion being used for 32/32. I wonder how many people those squares fit anyway....

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
In terms of adding the Operation Breakout maps, I only support adding Castle and Blackgold. For the most part, I think that Castle and Blackgold should be able to support 32 players fairly well, although I don't have a good idea of how sided they are yet.

Mist might end up being good fun for 5 vs 5 once more people have learned how to play it, but the other maps are garbage, imo. Overgrown initially seems like a well put together map, but if you start to look at the fine details it should become quite clear to you that the map is broken. Rush is just dull, and Insertion isn't even a proper CS map. I love changing things up, but fuck Insertion...JUST.NO.

amanshotme

TD Member
Blackgold should be pretty even though trying to get middle/connector control might be a hassle (only fits like 5 ppl there). B site is also a bit small, so it might be a mess for Ts to take. Castle looks like it'll be a perfect fit for 32/32. Nice open spaces and the sites I believe are quite large.

Sushicutter

TD Admin
In terms of adding the Operation Breakout maps, I only support adding Castle and Blackgold. For the most part, I think that Castle and Blackgold should be able to support 32 players fairly well, although I don't have a good idea of how sided they are yet.

Mist might end up being good fun for 5 vs 5 once more people have learned how to play it, but the other maps are garbage, imo. Overgrown initially seems like a well put together map, but if you start to look at the fine details it should become quite clear to you that the map is broken. Rush is just dull, and Insertion isn't even a proper CS map. I love changing things up, but fuck Insertion...JUST.NO.

Tried playing castle today over on abm... its pretty fun, kinda t sided i think cuz pretty much every round all the terrorists ended up camping at the cabin over on b site. I think itll be a good addition overall tho

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Okay, to consolidate stuff into one post, I think that the following maps should definitely be added to the current rotation:

- de_season
- de_frost
- de_crown
- de_overpass
- de_facade
- de_toscan
- de_contra

And for the sake of variety, I wouldn't mind too much if these maps were added to the current rotation:

- de_blackgold
- de_castle
- cs_downtown
- cs_militia
- de_gwalior
- de_conduit
- de_bagra

And these maps should be removed from the current rotation, imo:

- cs_office
- de_prodigy

Thoughts? What have I missed? What do you agree or disagree with?

Sushicutter

TD Admin
dont we already have downtown? i remember playing it the other day. definitely get rid of office... half the ppl try to rtv that shit then leave when the other half dont follow :yuno:

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
LB, please add some new maps, rotation is getting tired with the smaller number of maps [De_frost is missing as well]
3-5 of the new maps be great.
I downvote De_belukha and De_Prodigy, they aren't played much either.
We can always take a vote in a month as to which of the new maps stay.

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
I don't think the new operation maps are suitable for a full 15 vs 15 match, I agree with the current rotation being boring as hell though. If you start adding new maps, you're gonna see a lot of tears from noobs and hearing a lot of "this map sucks". Here is a small list of maps (in no particular order)that's worth considering here for the rotation just for the hell of it (some of these may already be on the rotation :shrug:)

cpl_fire
cs_siege
de_ali
de_gwalior
de_ruins
de_westwood
de_overpass
de_oasiscity_r2
de_kyrenia_r2
de_favela
de_fireholl_r2
de_fasterline_r2
de_conduit
de_breach
de_belukha
cs_qasba

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
To be honest, Hotshot.exe, I actually agree with you that none of the Operation Breakout maps are really suitable for a 32 player server. de_blackgold and de_castle are indeed fine for the most part, but there are definitely areas in both of these maps that will cause problems in terms of blocking. However, de_inferno, statistically speaking one of the most played maps on the server, also had significant blocking issues up until just recently when the halls were widened in A apps. I'm not saying that de_blackgold and de_castle are ideal candidates, but I think that they would work well enough. I could be wrong, though, and that's fine.