Remove/add maps.

thewhaleman

TD Admin
As much as I enjoy playing de_piranesi and de_losttemple, they're getting old. With valves new update, operation breakout, we should support the maps they offer, Mist, Rush, Castle, Insertion, and Overgrown, should be added. You guys should also look into a map called de_sparity.

You should remove a few maps that are no longer played or are one sided. for example de_chateau, as much as I like how it encourages T side to plant quickly, most cases T side just chickens out and it becomes a boring CT sided map.

I enjoy the new server changes, the lag seems better now, but the map rotation is getting boring. Thanks for considering darkly.

EDIT: Italy needs to be looked at aswell, removing that would be pretty good.

shoottomaim

BANNED
U MADE AN ACCOUNT :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
de_chateau sucks because there are too many pussies. If there were a plugin that slayed the losing team when time runs out and the objective isn't done people would grow balls.
yey

thewhaleman

TD Admin
U MADE AN ACCOUNT :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
de_chateau sucks because there are too many pussies. If there were a plugin that slayed the losing team when time runs out and the objective isn't done people would grow balls.
yey
Yeah, I had to start complaining sooner or later.

The choke spots are too strong. The radar/map sites are mixed around so you can't communicate well to other players. The debris on the ground( which does look good) is to easy to get stuck on. To many problems to be a good 16v16 map. I'm curious how good it'd be on 5v5, but not 16v16.

amanshotme

TD Member
I would love to play de_chateau 5v5, lots of fakeout opportunities there. In terms of the new breakout maps, they are imo perfect for 16v16 lol. cs_insertion looks interesting. Essentially cts are able to choose from 4(?) different spawn points before the round starts. de_blackgold maybe a bit small for 16v16 but also looks fun to play.

PaulieShore

I'm New Here
There are so many awesome maps that we're missing out on. I've been playing on other servers lately but the mods on these servers are terrible. I hate the slay mods or the stupid "games". That's why I like playing on Darkly. But there's a few mods that need updating or replacing (bet mod?).

Hopefully we can get some new maps added which support the 32 slots. If not, add them to the Chicago server at least.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
I'd say it's time to retire all the CS:S maps and move onto greener pastures. There are plenty of wonderful Workshop maps to pick and choose from as others have posted. FYI reliving the noughties every night is damaging to ones psyche. Darkly's mood experiment is far worse than Facebook's, to be damned Desert Atrocity!

amanshotme

TD Member
I'd say it's time to retire all the CS:S maps and move onto greener pastures. There are plenty of wonderful Workshop maps to pick and choose from as others have posted. FYI reliving the noughties every night is damaging to ones psyche. Darkly's mood experiment is far worse than Facebook's, to be damned Desert Atrocity!

As long as de_season stays, I'll be alllllllllllllllllllllright

BOT Snake

TD Admin

I honestly like Desert Atrocity. I didn't like it at first like the rest but then I learned how easy it is to rush people on that map.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
The biggest point to be made is that maps need to be tried. There is no diversity in the maps anymore as the selection shrunk and all the source maps are broken, period. I'm not certain how difficult it is to add a map or how much load and bandwidth the server endures but a new map every month shouldn't be out of the question. Shawn "FMPONE" Snelling has made some of the most played maps. The server currently hosts Cache and it used to Crown, but his other maps are equally good. Museum, has made it to #1 on the Workshop and has an impressive blog post of it's creation, http://www.mapcore.org/page/features/_/articles/making-a-map-cs-museum-r25. Crown, had similar fame, http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/07/b...e-next-big-counter-strike-go-competitive-map/. I'd like to see Crown return while Museum and Gwalior make a debut.