Recommended server restart

Shad0w_X_Rang3r

I'm New Here
The Darkly server hasn't had really anyone on anymore. I think that the server should be completely restarted. I would be okay with no factions or anything that requires the server to go down into extinction. Every time it does go down, people give up and don't play it anymore. The restart would clear all plug-ins and reset the map. Of course, donators should keep their privileges, but the privileges should be rethought over. Hopefully this thread will get through and make the server a better place.

Olst

TD Admin / Queerbécois
I say that we make a real survival server. No plugins, nothing. It's supposed to be survival, heh? Let the best survives!

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
Hmm, I agree with olst, I just think we should have the basics Anti-cheat and factions, no more no less (maybe some donator perks). But no MMORPG, and shiz. This may get people's attention not like every other server out there!

shoottomaim

BANNED
I say that we make a real survival server. No plugins, nothing. It's supposed to be survival, heh? Let the best survives!
The Darkly server hasn't had really anyone on anymore. I think that the server should be completely restarted. I would be okay with no factions or anything that requires the server to go down into extinction. Every time it does go down, people give up and don't play it anymore. The restart would clear all plug-ins and reset the map. Of course, donators should keep their privileges, but the privileges should be rethought over. Hopefully this thread will get through and make the server a better place.
I honestly agree with you guys, and I want a survival server as well. But the problem is, there are hundreds of survival servers, and my job is to make sure people play on ours. But what can make our server different? McMMO? No, that plugin is used by almost every server.
I've thought about what I can do to add to the server as well as create a spin on it as well. I added mini-games such as SurvivalGames and Spleef to get players who want a survival-aspect, but also want to have some fun once in a while. The point of the "useless" plugins are to get people to come.
The main world map should be restarted in my opinion. I've suggested it, although the head admins seems to disagree with that idea, stating that the portal rooms that Zack has made are great and shouldn't go to waste.
I suppose I could remove plugins, but which ones? Trade? SurvivalGames? These plugins were ones that were suggested by the players of the server. One of the main trends that revolve around Minecraft are the Hunger Games. Although they seem outdated, hundreds play these mini-games everyday. Spleef isn't something you see on most servers as well.
I need suggestions for the server. We run on a tight budget, so there won't be any action of adding new servers or upgrading the one we have. If I get the forum moderator position as I asked from LB, I'll sticky some things and clean up the MC section, as well as post (and sticky) some polls related to the server. A new spawn is being built that should attract some attention, and some "helping" plugins such as Citizens has been added to help out the new players.
What should I remove or do differently? What should I add? These are things you can tell me so that I can form the server around what you guys have suggested. The main thing that gets players to join servers is diversity. What makes our server diverse from others?

Olst
This is still a survival server. There is a survival world, and most of our plugins are centered around the survival aspect of Minecraft. McMMO was taken out because it conflicted with the SurvivalGames, and the updates were being pushed out to slow. I suppose I have to re-think that decision now that some of you seem to want to have McMMO back to help out the survival aspect of the server.

Thank you for your time if you've read this entire post.

Shad0w_X_Rang3r

I'm New Here
I honestly agree with you guys, and I want a survival server as well. But the problem is, there are hundreds of survival servers, and my job is to make sure people play on ours. But what can make our server different? McMMO? No, that plugin is used by almost every server.
I've thought about what I can do to add to the server as well as create a spin on it as well. I added mini-games such as SurvivalGames and Spleef to get players who want a survival-aspect, but also want to have some fun once in a while. The point of the "useless" plugins are to get people to come.
The main world map should be restarted in my opinion. I've suggested it, although the head admins seems to disagree with that idea, stating that the portal rooms that Zack has made are great and shouldn't go to waste.
I suppose I could remove plugins, but which ones? Trade? SurvivalGames? These plugins were ones that were suggested by the players of the server. One of the main trends that revolve around Minecraft are the Hunger Games. Although they seem outdated, hundreds play these mini-games everyday. Spleef isn't something you see on most servers as well.
I need suggestions for the server. We run on a tight budget, so there won't be any action of adding new servers or upgrading the one we have. If I get the forum moderator position as I asked from LB, I'll sticky some things and clean up the MC section, as well as post (and sticky) some polls related to the server. A new spawn is being built that should attract some attention, and some "helping" plugins such as Citizens has been added to help out the new players.
What should I remove or do differently? What should I add? These are things you can tell me so that I can form the server around what you guys have suggested. The main thing that gets players to join servers is diversity. What makes our server diverse from others?

Olst
This is still a survival server. There is a survival world, and most of our plugins are centered around the survival aspect of Minecraft. McMMO was taken out because it conflicted with the SurvivalGames, and the updates were being pushed out to slow. I suppose I have to re-think that decision now that some of you seem to want to have McMMO back to help out the survival aspect of the server.

Thank you for your time if you've read this entire post.
I love the new spawn. It looks great. I agree the map should be restarted. Plus, if I wanted to play Hunger Games, I could just say: brb guys, gonna play a match on (insert server). There are plenty of servers with fun mini-games AND hundreds of people. Darkly isn't one of them. There should be some plug-ins that help the server, not add onto it. Colored chat is nice. Donator perks needs revised. I think the creative thing is a little OP? Maybe /fly at best. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of things, but try adding to this list.

shoottomaim

BANNED
I love the new spawn. It looks great. I agree the map should be restarted. Plus, if I wanted to play Hunger Games, I could just say: brb guys, gonna play a match on (insert server). There are plenty of servers with fun mini-games AND hundreds of people. Darkly isn't one of them. There should be some plug-ins that help the server, not add onto it. Colored chat is nice. Donator perks needs revised. I think the creative thing is a little OP? Maybe /fly at best. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of things, but try adding to this list.
Thank you for your input, I'll try implementing some of the things you've mentioned. Creative is a bit overpowered... I may need to discuss that with Zack and LB.