• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Recommend a Good Anime?

Fork Included

TD Admin
if you've never watched DBZ you will be pretty bored of it watching right now, it's actually a shitty show... especially if you don't watched ABRIDGED.

ChiGoku

I'm New Here
good anime, oh boy.. where do I start.. unfortunately I have not read the pages (in sorta a hurry atm) so I'm not sure what ppl have recommended to you, and what you would prefer..

But if your looking for a good RPG type style anime, I'd go with sword art online prob. in my top 5, I just wish there was an actual mmo type game out there like that, other than UO :P

the anime Psycho Pass! is awesome too!

Robotics;Note is a good for a casual/humor type anime

Guilty Crown is pretty intense

The hellsing series is a great watch, the older, or the newer remakes..

If you want more, or some great sites to download this, just let me know, (anime addict) , and yes, sadly I do gunpla :P I'm a nerd of all sorts

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
If Sage is still looking for something to watch
Cowboy Bebop.
Finally got to watching it and love it so far(halfway through)
Also music is soguddd

ChiGoku

I'm New Here
If Sage is still looking for something to watch
Cowboy Bebop.
Finally got to watching it and love it so far(halfway through)
Also music is soguddd

The beginning intro is probably one of my favorite intro's, it was a good choice of music!

*edit*
Don't forget to watch the movie

Trigun is also another great classic!! and they also released a new Trigun movie a year or 2 ago

Roach

TD Admin
I was never huge on animes, watched the basics when i was younger, dbz, pokemon xD

but recently watched a show called Basilisk, thought it was pretty good, only shitty part is 90% of the cool characters die in the first 3 episodes lol

kts

TD Admin
I was never huge on animes, watched the basics when i was younger, dbz, pokemon xD

but recently watched a show called Basilisk, thought it was pretty good, only shitty part is 90% of the cool characters die in the first 3 episodes lol

and that there's rape ):

kts

TD Admin
You might like episode 6 of highschool of the dead

Gantz for boobies! Icant rmemeber if i watched it or read it. o.o
However I stopped reading/watching it part way through.

Anywayuh 2nd, initial D is awesome go poop on yourself cock.
I dont watch much anime/read manga, but sometimes there's a spree of it, and unfortunately i always forget the titles.
not sure if people suggested already but, Code Geass is really good, if you liked death note.
Tengen toppa Gurren lagann(KINDOF JUST LIEK THE NAME) but it's a really cute mech one.

ChiGoku

I'm New Here
Gantz is good for a read, some parts gets so damn confusing. Gantz for extreme boobies and nudity xD Also tons of action, gore, guts, that kind of stuff. The series finally ended, and it was preeeeeeetyy shitty ending though

$alvador

TD Member
I hear Gantz anime ended in a different way from the manga? The manga just finished up recently, still haven't peeped the last few chapters but I'm not even sure I care anymore. Also HELL YEAH INITIAL D! Stuff.

Guilty Crown is pretty intense

:gtfo:

seriously, worst overhyped series ever.

ChiGoku

I'm New Here
I hear Gantz anime ended in a different way from the manga? The manga just finished up recently, still haven't peeped the last few chapters but I'm not even sure I care anymore. Also HELL YEAH INITIAL D! Stuff.

:gtfo:

seriously, worst overhyped series ever.

If that's what you want to think, fine by me, I'm not here for a nerd debate anyways :P

$alvador

TD Member
It's not just what I think, it's what almost everyone thought for the exact same reasons: trainwreck plot, undeveloped and annoying characters. The cool premise and soundtrack might be enough to redeem it if I had never seen any other shounen anime in my life but when you've seen enough to get sick of all the cliches you tend to become a lot more unforgiving when a potentially great story gets ruined by a nonsense plot.

ChiGoku

I'm New Here
From the reviews I read, must have been different then, and I've heard other ppl say good things, unfortunately some ppl may like it, some may not. But for my taste, I liked it, I enjoyed it, it kept me watching it, instead of going, meh this is garbage.

If you don't enjoy the whole shounen genre, then there is no point in watching an anime centered around that genre, because yeah, it caters to it, but its rare you don't see a shounen anime that doesn't, or even manga for that matter. and I find it funny when ppl cry and complain that all the shounen are the same because of..... and they list the issue. Then its why bother reading that genre?? go to Seinen genre then. Sure, some anime/manga companys maybe able to protray that genre better than others. But it tends to come down to the same plot type, to the same hype, to the same, omg new power ups, etc etc.

Like I said, I enjoyed it, and I tend to recommend it to ppl who like that type of genre to action, to plot, if you want to watch it for its philosophical reasons, and critique it heavily, so be it, I rather watch it because of its entertainment, not because omg, this 1 person is sooooo annoying, omg, they re-used this plot over and over in tons of manga/ anime, I do not care... I watch it if its entertaining

$alvador

TD Member
See my problem here is that you think GC exemplifies shounen. In reality, it was the low point in a gradual cascade of failure in the genre. Classic shounen was series like GTO, Golden Boy, City Hunter, Full Metal Panic, etc. Even Dragonball could be lumped in there. The MCs were usually pervy or just clueless idiots but at the same time they had a strong sense of morality and wouldn't hesitate to assume their ultimate form to destroy some baddies and get the girl. They were characters that you could look up to and aspire to be like, which is what the shounen genre was founded on.

New shounen these days is heavily marketed to the female demographic as well so you have stuff like SAO which brought unprecedented female viewership to the genre. The studios are walking a thin line trying to keep "shounen" as unisex as possible to generate the most DVD/BR sales. The problem is they're using twerpy, fagboy MCs to try and generate that allure. GC would be a perfect example of how they failed at that because not only was the male MC not appealing to the male audience but the female MC, instead of being a strong example, was instead just a hopeless power tool for the male MC to use.

Antimoon

DARKLY Regular
Baccano is a really good one. Some others:
Perfect Blue
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Loveless (if you're into the yaoi)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Patlabor
Black Lagoon
Spice and Wolf
Tengen Toppa Gurrenn Lagann
Elfen Lied