• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

RBC replaces Canadian staff with foreign workers

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
canadian tire has a warehouse like that. when I ship a skid, It has to be a certain type of a skid and cant have anything sticking out, evwn a little piece of wrapping. the laser guidance will trip out and shut down the line and we get fined for bwing derps

yeah they are pretty cool but yeah i think they started out with specific skids. they have adapted now

Rams

TD Admin
Foreign workers gonna take all job and we all are gonna get fucked. happening already.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
There's nothing wrong here, it's called "Equal Opportunity Employment" (I'm not kidding, google it, for Ontario, Canada). It's to ensure race, gender etc. play no part in seeking employees..

Basically, P.ackies first, all else 2nd. The white man, in particular, last. Welcome to Canadastan.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
There's nothing wrong here, it's called "Equal Opportunity Employment" (I'm not kidding, google it, for Ontario, Canada). It's to ensure race, gender etc. play no part in seeking employees...

:doublefacepalm:
That's something completely different from what RBC is doing, Equal Opportunity Employment is for citizens of your country. These are not Canadians, working in Canada These are "Temporary Foreign Workers".

A little history on the subject of temporary foreign workers.
http://thetyee.ca/Series/2013/01/08/Canadian-Temporary-Foreign-Workers/

Since the Conservative government of Stephen Harper came to power in 2006, the TFWP has expanded rapidly, becoming an unseen pillar of Canada's economic policy. That year, migrant workers admitted to Canada exceeded permanent residents for the first time. And for the first time, employers no longer had to advertise for a minimum of six weeks on a national job bank before being granted permission to hire a migrant, but could do so after just seven days. The shortened processing was a gift to employers, who were allowed todesignate workers they needed under "Occupations Under Pressure."
So fast growing are such designations that between 2007 and 2011, the program created a total of almost 30 per cent of all new jobs -- this at a time when the government, grappling with the financial crisis, claimed that creating jobs for Canadians was a key priority. And in 2012, under a little-noted provision of the omnibus budget bill that managed to avoid public debate by sliding in with so much other legislation, the Conservatives introduced changes for high-skilled workers such as dropping application times from 12 weeks to 10 days and permitting employers to pay them 15 per cent less than the average Canadian salary for the same work.

TFWP = http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/index.shtml

RBC's statement,
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/0...replacing-canadian-staff-with-foreign-workers

MetalLobster

TD Admin
There's nothing wrong here, it's called "Equal Opportunity Employment" (I'm not kidding, google it, for Ontario, Canada). It's to ensure race, gender etc. play no part in seeking employees..

Basically, P.ackies first, all else 2nd. The white man, in particular, last. Welcome to Canadastan.

If there was a job opportunity, then fine, because you are looking for someone based on skill and qualifications, not race or gender, but that is not the case here. RBC have fully qualified employees and they are just laying them off for cheaper labour.

Someone made a point earlier that this has been happening for awhile, which its true and sucks, but most companies drop the memo well in advance so that they can look for employment else where. RBC is giving them just a few weeks according to the BBC article.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I was going to get hired at a local farm a few months ago, but some foreign dude got it over me.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Cock and company - I'm aware it's not the same. I'm implying it's under the same type of garbage - whatever is foreign/cheaper/Indian - good to go.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
there is no such thing as temporary foreign workers. I personally deal with temporary foreign workers weekly, and our kind of temporary foreign workers don't believe in sitting down on a portable toilet rather squat above and shit on the seat for the next guy..

Atleast yours are clean

TurboTaco

TD Admin

:reallybrains: BJ walks into store, see's brown guy working. Automatically presumes he's immigrant/foreign worker stealing Canadian Jerrrrbs from Canadians. Jots mental note down as definitive proof that Canadians are losing jobs to 'p.akis' smugly
s10e02_480.jpg

Brown guy really born and raised in Canada struggling like every other Canadian seeking employment.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Just to be clear, here, I don't hate the people. I hate the laws which divide people, and make it more difficult for some people than others. I truly believe in equality, especially in race, but in Canada it's so hard to believe that the country makes this possible. Fuckin sucks :/

$alvador

TD Member
yea losing your job when you're 50-60 and been in a career for decades really sucks, but that is the modern world. there's a lot of supply for the cheap labour demand in asia, and they have over 70x more people than we do. globalization is responsible for the growing middle class (which has split into the truly middle class and the new upper-middle class which comes with a standard of living closer to the canadian average) in china and india which has lead to this situation where they're not just taking our manufacturing jobs but also now coming for our service jobs. people in this country have gotta get out of this canada-centric mindstate and realize that no matter what rules n regulations the government may try to impose they can't control the global market or the fact that we are competing in that global market daily.

check out this convenient infographic: http://visual.ly/world-import-and-export. we average a daily export value of over 1 billion dollars. can fit a lot of jobs into that figure. leave the welcome mat out for pardeep

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
This shit has been happening in England for years..
I'm so used to it right now that I'm actually looking at you guys thinking "Why are they so annoyed?"

Yes..Come to England.
We Give you a Passport! A Job! Benefits and even a House!
Visa? Who cares if you don't have one.

archoNNN

DARKLY Regular
higher profits and lower variable cost, thats where all companys that are for-profit looking for these days, not good for people looking for jobs locally