Raspberry Pi Ideas?

$alvador

TD Member
I've had one for a while and aside from setting up an OS never really fucked with it because I don't have ideas. TBH It's kind of shitty for anything outside of use as a small server or GPIO stuff. Running a server is a no-go with my current connection and the libraries to use GPIO stuff are in Python so it's not worth it unless there's a better idea than just a lame LED project and that's all I can think of because I'm an uncreative derp apparently

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
raspberry-pie-saidaonline.jpg

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Didn't Steve get one to set up as a small Entertainment server type thing to connect to his TV or something similar to that?
Or someone did anyway...or wanted too?

I don't know....

What I'm trying to say is maybe use it to store films/shows on with a nice enough Memory Card/External HDD and connect it to your TV?

Unless you were looking for something a bit more creative than that, then I don't know.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
never ended up getting one, narf has one tho from streaming 1080 hockey to his big screen

i am building a super cheap but nice c2d xbmc server at work for my media center

$alvador

TD Member
Don't need a VPN I already have a private server, don't need any streaming device I don't have a TV, don't want to even attempt selling it because I always wind up wanting to KILL PEOPLE after using Kijiji.