R8 Revolver Update

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
Ah there is a lot to say about this but I'll make it short, spray patterns for rifles have been changed to an extent where I feel that a large portion of the time players have put into learning them will have to be redone.
The R8 Revolver was just added into the game and it, well it broke the game. It is a one shot kill to the chest with armor, and costs a mere 850$ it has virtually the same damage specs as the awp, and has caused it to become spammed everywhere due to being supremely op for the price.
This update is disgusting, truly disgusting, Valve doesn't seem to understand what implication this has hopefully they will adjust damage and price as well as reverting the spray pattern changes.
It has also turned me into a god in matchmaking against people that obviously have move skill than I do and that just doesn't feel right, just because I can one tap them while spinning around after they have put 3-4 shots into me.

amanshotme

TD Member
Well considering how Valve handled the deagle and aug updates in the past, I am not too surprised. It'll get mega-nerfed in a week and hopefully people will forget about it.

I wish that Valve would introduce a CSGO beta branch for these types of updates...

Thanatos

TD Member
I played 1 game of MM as soon as it was introduced, and a big resounding NOOOOOOOOPE not playing again until they fix this shit.

I didn't even know spray patterns were changed, I never used any other gun there is literally no point. Although it does confirm the guy I reported for aimbotting who was running around headshotting everyone in a deathmatch with an AK was hacking if the pattern did change.

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
I played 1 game of MM as soon as it was introduced, and a big resounding NOOOOOOOOPE not playing again until they fix this shit.

I didn't even know spray patterns were changed, I never used any other gun there is literally no point. Although it does confirm the guy I reported for aimbotting who was running around headshotting everyone in a deathmatch with an AK was hacking if the pattern did change.

It's a marginal change but enough to throw people off at longer range.

amanshotme

TD Member
Don't think the rifle changes will be going away soon. I expect another R8 nerf, then nothing for the next few months.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
"Adjusted recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S assault rifles to reduce the range at which spraying is preferable to tapping/bursting"
CS:GO has been a massive success the past year with huge community growth. Why they would mess with the bread and butter mechanics people are enjoying it's a complete mystery. I refuse to suck Valves cock on this one. How those guns operated were the basis for about 70% of the time your in game.
People are frustrated and they think it's the spray pattern but it's actually the recovery time that's messing them up. The game is forcing them to slow down movements, stop longer to take a shot, wait longer to recover and take another shot. Nobody was asking for this!
I guess I'm not invested in this game enough to want to relearn how to play it at a competitive level.

nb

DARKLY Regular
Update reverted all changes to the rifles n pistols to before the fucked update.
Thanks Valve for listening to us, now remove Escrow. :)