• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

EXPIRED PyraVox Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyraVox

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: PyraVox
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/PyraVox/
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Darkly Toronto trade (not sure which one but i was banned from all)
Ban Reason:Micspam (i think?)

State your case: I joined the server for the first time in at least a year and kids on the server wanted to have a sing off and requested background music and said "can anyone play music through their mic?" which i replied "yes, what song do you want?"

people proceded to add me on steam sending me requests and i played songs, everyone was laughing and having a good time.

without warning, i was kicked from the server and banned. no admin spoke using voice or in chat telling me to stop, in fact no one on the server at all was telling me to stop, otherwise i would have.

its not like i was playing offensive music either, it was Darude Sandstorm, Goofy goober (sponge bob), songs like that.

I understand micspamming is against the rules and would never do it for the sole purpose to annoy people. thats not my intention.

To avoid this problem in the future, i promise to never use my ability to mic spam, even if its for fun, on any Darkly servers.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hey buddy, wrong section (there is a tf2 appeals section and I'm lazy to link it because I'm on my iPad). Let me tag some of the people that can help you and move this thread. Please bear with us,

@Gatherix @zackychuu

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Unfortunately I don't have access to moving this thread, but maybe someone else can do it for you.
I will tell you this, your ban is only for 3 Days and your banning Admin was @Cmp™
Please be patient until he responds to your appeal.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Hello, PyraVox.

I banned you after a regular messaged me on Steam saying you were playing music over the mic (micspam) and refused to listen when he told you it was against the rules. I joined, you were still playing music, so I removed you. In hindsight, yes, I should have asked you again, and I do apologize for that.

However, you seem more than intelligent enough to check the rules upon joining a server, and by your own statement, you have been on Darkly servers before. The micspam rule is one of the most oft-broken rules and is one I personally enforce strictly because micspam on a TRADE server doesn't make any sense. People should be able to talk and trade over voice chat, and playing music over the mic interferes with that. Yes, the players may have requested it, but what if a new player came on and wanted to trade, but couldn't because of the music? Is he out of luck? No, trading takes precedence.

I appreciate your willingness to entertain the players, but sadly, the nature of the servers just doesn't leave room for music over the mic. I can appreciate a love of music, I listen to it in the background while I practice rocketjumping, but that's on my own private game where it doesn't interfere with anyone else.

I'll lower the ban to expire tonight, but please take this opportunity to review the rules and hopefully, the next time we meet ingame will be more amicable.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.