Promising Games Thread

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
SC= Resource Management + micro unit control + map control

COH= Micro Unit control + Map Control(which is also resources)

COH has a better unit control system, but clearly either of you can't manage resources.
So my point still stands, it's just too much RTS for you two ;)

Typical Stve with his totally useless graphics argument.

DatGuy

TD Member
SC= Resource Management + micro unit control + map control

COH= Micro Unit control + Map Control(which is also resources)

COH has a better unit control system, but clearly either of you can't manage resources.
So my point still stands, it's just too much RTS for you two ;)

Ill zerg rush the shit out of you

iSeize

TD Admin
COH was fun, but the games were a little too slow. I dont play either SC2 or COH anymore so i guess neither of them were that good, lol.

steve you ever tried Dawn of War 2? pretty much COH in space

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

Right, because games from 2011 should have graphics from 2002. That is one shitty argument cock.

Either way: CoH 1 physics blow shitcraft2 out of the water, CoH2 will make them look childish.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I dont play either SC2 or COH anymore so i guess neither of them were that good, lol.
says the Bronze player (hehehehehe)

Right, because games from 2011 should have graphics from 2002. That is one shitty argument cock.
Its your option, that you apply to every game you don't like. :D

Either way: CoH 1 physics blow shitcraft2 out of the water, CoH2 will make them look childish.

I belive you're talking about unit control, and yes it is much more robust in COH. I personally find it pigeon holes the game too much making it only about unit vs unit.

Unit vs Unit is only one part of SC's much more robust in gameplay, partially because it's not based on reality at all. Unlike COH.

iSeize

TD Admin
ouch! lol...right again cock.

But, the "Form follows Function" argurment can easily be reworded into "Gameplay over Graphics".

They're nice....but shouldnt be the crutch holding your game up. If everyone cared that much about graphics i dont think we'd have a CS:S server anymore, yet here we are.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I belive you're talking about unit control, and yes it is much more robust in COH. I personally find it pigeon holes the game too much making it only about unit vs unit.

Unit vs Unit is only one part of SC's much more robust in gameplay, partially because it's not based on reality at all. Unlike COH.

I was talking more about the game world and the players interaction with it.

Title: The Last of Us
Genre: Action/Adventure
Dev: Naughty Dog
Platform: PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

Okay guys, I know this is mroe mainstream than usual, but did you see that trailer? It's so... real. (Btw, I'm kind of paraphrasing what Vash said, but still, it should be heard) Naughty Dog has failed to dissapoint me. In any other game, when you get shot in the shoulder, does your shoulder flinch? No, your whole body flinches. In any other game, is there flowing blood in-game? (Mortal Kombat doesn't count - I mean real blood, not gallons out of a paper cut)
This game just looked so amazing.

$alvador

TD Member
yeah naughty dog is synonymous with good shit, but i'm so tired of the survival genre that i don't give a fuck. I really want a good RTS to come out, might give Anno 2070 a shot though I hear it's good. The game I was really waiting on is MechWarrior Online but now that they decided to introduce in-game currency pegged to real money all my interested has left and I probably won't even try it.

Right now I'd be so fucking happy just to have CS:GO launch with a native linux client.

DatGuy

TD Member
yeah naughty dog is synonymous with good shit, but i'm so tired of the survival genre that i don't give a fuck. I really want a good RTS to come out, might give Anno 2070 a shot though I hear it's good. The game I was really waiting on is MechWarrior Online but now that they decided to introduce in-game currency pegged to real money all my interested has left and I probably won't even try it.

Right now I'd be so fucking happy just to have CS:GO launch with a native linux client.

Company of Heroes 2 next year should be good for your RTS needs

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Gonna need a new video card and a SDD for CoH2... my shit HDD loads CoH1 sooooo slow. And my video cards lag in intensive tank/artillery battles on high settings as is :|

DatGuy

TD Member
Gonna need a new video card and a SDD for CoH2... my shit HDD loads CoH1 sooooo slow. And my video cards lag in intensive tank/artillery battles on high settings as is :|

yeah it can get intense. I played a custom map one time that had a huge choke point in the middle. We had about 30 tanks there and the frame rate went down to about 4...that was on my old machine though...new one takes it like a champ

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
yeah it can get intense. I played a custom map one time that had a huge choke point in the middle. We had about 30 tanks there and the frame rate went down to about 4...that was on my old machine though...new one takes it like a champ

what map? I probably played it :). 4v4 made for some crazy battles

DatGuy

TD Member
what map? I probably played it :). 4v4 made for some crazy battles

shit I cant remember its name, it was a custom map we downloaded.

it had one main bridge across the middle, there was an island in the middle that had AA guns and random emplacements on it.

There were 2 other bridges that could be destroyed on the left and right sides of the map.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Might of been Vire river, but I do remember what you are talking about. lol I played every CoH custom from map from the very worst maps to the very best lol

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Halo 4 trailer looked sick at spider-man tongiht!!! can't wait!!

P.S. Fuck all you halo haters