Premium Questions

mojangsta

I'm New Here
If I have 15 days of premium left, and I upgrade at the reduced price (1500 to 2, 2500 to 3), does this only last 15 days, or does my count go back to 30? In the former case, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade after the current premium expires; in the latter, just before it expires?

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
If I have 15 days of premium left, and I upgrade at the reduced price (1500 to 2, 2500 to 3), does this only last 15 days, or does my count go back to 30? In the former case, wouldn't it make sense to upgrade after the current premium expires; in the latter, just before it expires?

The reduced price is a discount; you're purchasing the same thing with just a different amount of credits. Thus, it will always reset to 30 days. Yes, that does make it advantageous to upgrade immediately before your current Premium expires. This exploit exists because the upgrading system hasn't received much attention simply because it's low priority and at the time of initially releasing Premium, simpler = less bugs. Since Premium is now stable, we're going to begin some more development and tweaking the current setup a little.

TL;DR - Upgrading Premium resets it to 30 days. This will likely change at some point.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Uh, it's not just me not being able to get credits from kills anymore, right?

I'm not sure if it's purposely supposed to work 1 time.

Credits are never earned from kills; instead you get 'killpoints', which are separate from credits and cannot be interchanged with credits. Check your killpoints with !kills or !points

mojangsta

I'm New Here
So it looks like a new system was implemented for upgrading level. The cost of the upgrade scales between <level cost> minus <half current> and <full level cost>, e.g. 2500 to 3000 as the 30 days elapse. I was thinking I'd save 500 credits by upgrading from 1 to 3 in the last few days, but the menu said it would cost 2934 not 2500, which makes sense since 3000 minus 4/30*500 = 2934. Went ahead with it.

On an unrelated note, the resize tiny option is OP despite the reduced damage output, my hitbox was so small it couldn't be reliably hit by anything but mini-sentries. Great fun.

On another note, trade_plaza is getting stale. Needs more combat-friendly design, less useless objects like chairs and tables, and a VIP room. I might try my hand at mapping one of these weekends. I decompiled one of the trade_rawr maps a while back to figure out how the teleporters and keypads worked.

Also, is the unusual trade server ever coming back?

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So it looks like a new system was implemented for upgrading level. The cost of the upgrade scales between <level cost> minus <half current> and <full level cost>, e.g. 2500 to 3000 as the 30 days elapse. I was thinking I'd save 500 credits by upgrading from 1 to 3 in the last few days, but the menu said it would cost 2934 not 2500, which makes sense since 3000 minus 4/30*500 = 2934. Went ahead with it.

On an unrelated note, the resize tiny option is OP despite the reduced damage output, my hitbox was so small it couldn't be reliably hit by anything but mini-sentries. Great fun.

On another note, trade_plaza is getting stale. Needs more combat-friendly design, less useless objects like chairs and tables, and a VIP room. I might try my hand at mapping one of these weekends. I decompiled one of the trade_rawr maps a while back to figure out how the teleporters and keypads worked.

I've already made a bigger map (similar to plaza) with fewer props in the way, but one of the things about making a map for Darkly that Gatherix wanted me to keep in mind is that players keep joining because they like the map, so changing it too much could do more harm than good. Of course, this isn't to say you can't submit your own map, I'm just pointing out that a certain amount of similarity needs to be maintained.

As for the Unusual server, the !hop feature allows you to jump over to UT Unusual Trader based in Australia, but you might find it either completely empty or completely full, depending on your timezone. It's usually completely empty for me during the day, because they're 16 hours ahead of my timezone. They're a really nice bunch of guys who welcome new players as long as you don't beg for items or say the word quickbuy.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly

The new upgrade system refunds your current Premium for whatever you haven't used -- if you have level 3 Premium which costs 3000 credits and have 10 days left, you'll receive 1000 credits back; of you have 15 days left you'll receive 1500 credits back. That said, you can't refund your current Premium without upgrading to a higher level. So basically, you only pay for the days you use it.

I'll look into the resize stuff. If we deem it necessary, we'll make the changes. We're also receptive to feedback from anyone else (who can submit their comments with !submit).

As Cmp said, he has a map in the works that will hopefully be on the servers soon. The original idea was to replace trade_plaza on #2, though it'll may go through a sort of beta test elsewhere since it makes significant changes from trade_plaza. So if you have any trade_plaza specific ideas, direct them towards him. You're also welcome to submit any other map.

nb

DARKLY Regular
Suggestion/Question: When I'm in Friendly Mode, I always rocket/sticky/cannon jump. But, I realize that even though I'm in FM, I still take fall damage, and self-damage from the loose cannon. Is it possible to disable self/fall damage while still being able to properly rocket/sticky/cannon jump? If so, it would be lovely for me and other jumpers who have premium to use this feature while trading on the servers. :P

Oh, and also, when in FM, could you add something where you get infinite ammo? Also useful for jumping. :)

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
Only complaint about premium is that Friendly makes you look like a ghost, and ghosts aren't friendly.
300px-Ghostbusters_logo.svg.png