• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED Pongallow's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongallow

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Pongallow
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93305175
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Toronto Darkly Trade
Ban Reason: Aimbot

State your case: I would like to offer an first person explanation and more insight on what you judged to be cheats. I watched the proof video here:(http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/ban-request-for-pongallow-aimbot.14346/) and I also read Rei's reasoning behind his decision. In the video I'm seen to flick back couple times to check for a spy. I knew that there was a spy around either because I killed him recently or because I hadn't seen him in awhile, looking behind you to see if there is an enemy spy walking up to stab you normal. Just because there is no way of knowing for sure that there is a spy behind me I still should check because I know he might exist and has killed me before similar to how good and aware heavies tend to be turning all the time to make sure they look behind them and to make it harder for a spy to stab them. Rei also points out at 1:47 in the video I made an impossible shot in doing almost a 180 and headshotting a spy. I was turning and saw him uncloak on the very edge of my screen and went for a lucky flickshot. In the video it looks very choppy as the recording quality isn't that good so its much harder to see very fast movements. Instead it looks like just looks like I didn't see him at all and headshotted him out of nowhere which wasn't the case. Sorry for the big text wall but I hope you consider my explanation.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Hi Pongallow,

I understand your justification and I will scrutinize what was given to me in the ban request. Just know that we take hacking very seriously, but I don't want you to be banned if you were just good at sniping. I will give you an answer shortly.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Alright, sorry for the delay. When I process reports, I look for key places where the player could have been acting phishy flicking randomly where they do not have intel. While I think there was some evidence that definitely looked phishy, I don't think there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt to keep you banned. I've unbanned you, but know that we will continue to watch you as you play to keep our community clean of cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.